What are your thoughts on the MacBook Air after a few months?

I’m on the fence of buying the new MacBook Air and wonder if anyone here has one and what they think of it. In a perfect world I wouldn’t need the Air, because I could do everything with the iPad Pro. But I miss a good keyboard for the iPad Pro (yes I like the butterfly switches). The Smart Keyboard on the 10.5” iPad Pro was great, but all Smart Folio Keyboards that I have tried for the 11” require more force to press the keys and I don’t like that. And that’s where the MacBook Air comes in for me, because I need (and want) something not to big for on the go.

What are your thoughts on the MacBook Air after a few months?

1 Like

I’m also in for good alternative keyboards (other than the Smart Keyboard or Magic Keyboard) for the iPad. Because in the end I would love to see the iPad becoming my go to computer for most of my work.

I ordered Anne Pro 2 (https://candykeys.com/product/anne-pro-2-gateron) with Gateron Browns. It is not slim, but still very portable. And it has one of the best switches for typing you can buy.

1 Like

I have a Logitech K380 Multi-Device keyboard. Has 3 buttons to switch keyboard focus between 3 Bluetooth devices – for me, usually, the iPad, iPhone and MacBook. Solidly built – not high-end switches, but I prefer the keys over the Smart Keyboard. Easy to toss in a bag and go.