What do you think we will see from Apple at the event in April?

The batteries are likely in some sort of hibernation mode until they’re actually used. That’s how they’re able to sit inside a warehouse for months without completely draining the battery.

Apple cannot keep waiting. The chances of AirTags being released soon are highly likely with all the rumors brewing lately.

1 Like

For all we know, Apple might never release a successor to the iPhone 12. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

TOP of your head? Try “on your nose”… :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might want to ask Siri when the next event is. She’s a new leaker who seems to know the specific date of the event. :wink:

Edit: Apple announces special event for April 20: 'Spring Loaded' - 9to5Mac

1 Like

I hope we’ll see an announcement of something truly revolutionary at the event.
Like error free updates from the Mac App Store.
That would be not only a game changer but also a paradigm shift and several other buzz phrases.

4 Likes

That would not be exciting, but it is in the realm of possibility if there will not be anything “extraordinary” unveiled at the event according to Mark Gurman. :smile:

1 Like

Ah, sorry! Bloomberg isn’t in my RSS feed.

I also hope he’s wrong. There are many indicators suggesting that we will see a 23" or 24" Apple Silicon iMac unveiled at the event next week. I would absolutely love that!

Well, I don’t particularly care a whit what Gurman thinks, regardless of whatever he perceives as “extraordinary” or “innovative “. I’m fine with an iterative update, thank you very much, and still looking forward to a new iPad Pro, air pods Pro, and air tags.

I’d like to see an external keyboard and mouse refresh; some funky colors like the iPhones, Touch Bar and a wireless charger for the mouse.

1 Like

They should’ve inserted a comma: “Spring, Loaded”. :slight_smile:

You don’t want to see a redesigned iMac with Apple Silicon?

Not me. Just got a new M1 pro.

1 Like

Well, there’s a reason why Apple doesn’t only sell MacBooks.

1 Like

I’m still debating whether I should stick with a laptop or go back to a desktop. Waiting to see what next week brings. I have been laptop-only for so long but my iPad is sufficient for my needs right now, even though I still need a full desktop OS for some things. Maybe I should go with a Mac Mini? But I’m not in a rush, so I’m waiting to see what the rest of 2021 brings. David said it best the other day–it would be nice if we at least had a timeline of what’s on the table this year.

I’m a huge fan of the Mac Mini. I don’t have a laptop currently, but I do have an iPad. If I need to do Mac things I’m fine being tied to my desk - and the iPad covers other stuff.

Since I already have a display I’m happy with and a ergo keyboard, I’m happy to just be able to replace the actual computer part and not pay extra for the screen/keyboard built in to the laptop. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to know, thanks! As interested as I am with the iMac, I feel like it would be too bulky and overpowered for my needs. I mainly use it for graphic design purposes these days. The Mini would fit my space perfectly.

I recommend you watch this video. It provides a timeline of events implying that we will in fact see a new redesigned Apple Silicon iMac next week.

Also, from your favorite news source… :wink:

At least they posted a helpful guide. The bare minimum…

1 Like

I hope you’re right. The next chapters of the Apple Silicon Macs are really the most exciting thing happening at Apple at the moment for me :smiley:

Only in dreams right now. I’ve got a smoking’ 2017 5K 27 inch i7 with hi-perf GPU and CPU, and onboard 2 TB SSD HD that’s working just fine. It’s replacement in 2023 or 2024 will definitely be an Apple Silicon iMac though.