What do you think we will see from Apple at the event in April?

I think that we will possibly see…

A new Apple TV?

A new iPad Pro?

A new iMac?

What else do you think could possibly be revealed? Maybe AirTags?

Well, what do you think we will see from Apple at the event in April? I was asking this question because I vaguely remember seeing a similar discussion like this one a while back.

Definitely the aforementioned “new iMac” for sure. :slight_smile:

Don’t care about new iPads since we got new ones last spring and they’re still going good. I want a 24” M1 iMac. I hope they announce it soon. A new Apple TV would be nice since I’m using a HD version.

Well, I need a new iPad, and the current 2020 version was not enough of a bump from my current 2018 model.

1 Like

16” M1 Macbook Pro
M1 iMac

Sounds about right. We tend to keep our iPads 3 to 4 years. Not enough improvements in less time than that.

I’m wondering how much speed bump I will get from replacing this ORIGINAL 12.9" iPad Pro… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m hoping for a new iPad Mini!

6 Likes

I have an inside source Apple, who tells me we should expect new products and services, if there is an event in April.

11 Likes

3 Likes

Not for long! :wink:

3 Likes

I completely forgot about these little things! It’s highly likely that they’ll be revealed sometime in April.

With the pandemic and people mostly staying at home, it would have made sense to delay such a product which mostly designed for being out, about and losing your stuff. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

it’s the most unexciting Apple product ever rumored

Well, to you, perhaps, but not to everyone. I’m very excited about this because I (used to) travel a lot. And I hate my Tiles.

1 Like

I find them flaky and therefore overpriced and unable to deliver on their promise. The product just doesn’t work well. Despite full batteries and re-pairing, they keep losing signals. The alerts I get are useless because they occur many kilometers after I have (intentionally) left something somewhere.

The final nail in the coffin was when Tile sided with Spotify and Epic (but now that’s a very personal opinion). After having been prominently featured in Apple stores, they now whine against the hand that fed them. I can’t wait to get rid of mine.

4 Likes

You think Apple would make something with disposable batteries?

I’m not a Tile customer, but I’m interested in one Apple Tile-like fob for my car, because it seems like good insurance in case someone runs off with it. I could also see switching the tag to luggage the next time I travel somewhere unusual. I like what I’ve read of the security model of Find My’s mesh location reporting.

It has always seemed to me that something like Tile or AirTags would be useful for not losing things around the house.

Although generally when I’m looking for something, I discover after 20 minutes of searching that it was in my hand all along. Or, in case of my glasses, on top of my head.

2 Likes

Rumors that are uninteresting: Eliminating or reducing the notch in the phone, because the notch does not bother me a bit. Improvements to the camera, because I expect those. New materials for the screen or case, because I’m not a materials engineer so it’s a big so-what.

A recent, real rumor that I did find interesting: Ruggedized Apple Watch, for use in extreme sports. Not that I do extreme sports, but I can see how people might like that.

It has been several years since there has been a REALLY interesting iPhone, iPad, or Watch hardware announcement. The two categories seem mature–which is another way of saying they’re primed for disruption!

Even the new M1 Macs are only mildly interesting to me. Faster processor, better battery life–those things are potentially useful but not really EXCITING.

I’m not trying to poop on other people’s excitement, btw.