What does the DT Apple Mail Plug-in Do?

I can’t figure out what the DEVONthink Mail plug-in does, if anything. As shown below, I have it installed and activated but I don’t see any difference in Apple Mail. I’d like to be able to send an email to DT THAT INCLUDES a link to the email. However, if I select the email text and share it to DT, only the text, not the link, is sent. I can drag the email to DT and when I do the link does show up.

Finally, I noticed that the “tip” mentions Big Sur. Perhaps this plug-in no longer works?

To learn what it does read in the “DEVONthink Manual” and/or Help (which has same content), or ask on DEVONthink forum where there are a lot of people who actively use it.

The Mail Plug-in does work. Might need to re-start Mail after activating. Select a mail item in Mail, and pick Mail Menu → Message → Add to DEVONthink 3 and then watch what happens. Also allows in DEVONthink to import and Archive Mail in bulk.

If not working, best help in the DEVONthink Forum.

2 Likes

The name of the plugin relates to a division point of operating systems when Apple made deeper changes to Mail. So the name is correct and has no bearing on the functionality of the plugin.

The plugin adds a Add to DEVONthink 3 command to the Mailbox and Message menus of Apple Mail. It alwo provides a more robust channel to communicating with Apple Mail in DEVONthink’s View > Import sidebar.

And as @rms mentioned, our forums are a better place for these kinds of questions. :slight_smile:

4 Likes