What is Your Favorite App ... Ever

I’ll go with 1password on all platforms. I use it on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Windows. It’s on my Watch, too, but I can’t say I’ve found a use for it there. I’ll go so far as to say the Family Plan subscription because it is helping me make sure everyone else stays as safe as they can, too, from teenage son to my mother.

Runner-up awards to Keyboard Maestro and Hazel.

I’m going to concur with 1Password. Automation is great, but having impenetrable 64-character passwords is non-negotiable in this day and age. If I phrase the question like, “The app that I could least live without is…”, then it’s a nobrainer for me.

Overcast! How else would I be able to listed to MPU every week? The settings are excellent for a podcast app and allow enough detail to be able to listen to music followed by a sped up podcast without making any changes to the settings.

6 Likes

Affinity Designer on the iPad and I use it for all my logo designs. Very powerful and easy to use. It makes forget that I have the app on the Mac too.

2 Likes

I really need to force myself to use the iPad app.

The same goes for Affinity Photo. Using it feels. Ore natural on the iPad. I think both app are worth a shot. Although I prefer the Mac for UI design. For the rest it’s iPad.

I just installed BehindTheOverlay now.

1 Like

BehindTheOverlay is fantastic. I’ve been using it a few days on your recommendations. Thanks very much for suggesting it.

I have difficulty remembering keyboard shortcuts (it’s one of my chief frustrations in reading and listening to Mac power user advice). But Cmd-Shift-X is already embedded deep in muscle memory!

1 Like

Ha - I didn’t even know that command! I was clicking the menubar icon like a savage.

1 Like