What is your funny, quirky or geeky SSID

I went through a phase of naming my computers after composers I admire: Luciano (Berio), Gyorgy (Ligeti), Bela (Fleck), and Eric (Dolphy).

Currently, I’m using present-tense verbs that mean something to me about how I use the computer or how I got it: push, splurge, strike. My external drive for media is Binge.

I took the verb thing from the music computer lab from where I went to grad school, where all the machines were named as verbs for making sound: Wail, Shriek, Rumble.

My mobile devices are named as references to podcasts. My iPhone is “sneaky-fat” (reference the Tony Kornheiser Show); my iPad Pro is “supertrain” (Roderick on the Line). Perhaps if I upgrade to a new iPad this year, I can call it “best-i-love-you”.

My geeky dad, on the other hand, really likes naming his stuff after old(ish) Disney characters. He’s had computers and SSIDs named Bambi, Thumper, Scamp, Lady, etc.

2 Likes

Last name Meyers, SSID name “MeyFi” :joy:

For many years, I’ve named all of my computers and devices after muppets (Animal, Kermit, Mr. Teeth, etc.), so I named my network Mupbots. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Syracuse fan, eh? :slight_smile:

I’m tempted to switch the main network to something like Trump2020 just to annoy my neighbors. :grinning:

Our networks are named after our cats. We have a little framed note in our guest room with the guest wifi network and password so guests can use it. Makes the room feel like a B&B.

That’s the name I set for my parent’s router. They have no idea what it means

1 Like

Hah! No. It’s the other orange man.

My B/G network is BubbleGum, N network is Nitro.

When I first moved to an apartment Minnesota, from Long Island, it was 10^9 Mosquitoes so it would sort before my neighbor’s networks.

As soon as we ditched cable and got a fiber connection ours became “Lothlorien.” The speed and consistency (up and down) are truly magical. :fairy::mage:

I surf in ‘Cyberspace’
And my guests are ‘Aliens’

I copied this from a friend.

#prettywhyforaflyfi

1 Like

Occam’s Router. The 5G one is called Occam’s Other Router. Guest network - Occam’s Friends.

1 Like

Ever since university, when I got mad at something to prevent swearing i’d Utter “wibble”. As setting up the network caused me a few headaches, I went for

WibbleNET

Wibble reference in Blackadder

1 Like

I have two channels in my house so I have gone with, “ASIO Surveillance Van No. 4” (ASIO is Australia’s equivalent of the CIA or MI6) which freaks the neighbours out!
And the second channel is “Tell my WiFi love her”, which of course my wife just loves!