What remote support service?

I depend heavily on remote support for my business and I have been using Bomgar / Beyond Trust to offer remote support for my clients. Last year Bomgar’s support let me down with their slow update to Catalina. And I just received an invoice from them for the renewal for another year for more than $2000 :hot_face: I don’t mind paying for a service but this is to much a specialty since they have let me down with recent macOS upgrades.

Time to change vendors;
It’s going to be a big pain to switch my clients over to a new platform. The key feature that I offer is a quick connect button on the desktop that starts a remote support session with a simple click.

I am no longer relying as much on unattended support since I can no longer remotely wake a Mac from sleep and there are no more macOS servers in my pool (now cloud or Synology).

To my knowledge, there are two big players to choose from:

Please note that I not only want to see the desktop but need to remotely work on the machine.
Starting a new session should be very easy since many of the people who need my help are not tech-savvy.

It would be awesome if I could keep the feature where a remote support session can be started with a single mouse click.

> Sharing your screen via Facetime is not doing it!

No one with some experience with one of these platforms?

When I am at work, I have to use Windows and PCs. So, please be advised that my experience deals with Windows. But still, those tools are also available on the Mac.

We use FastViewer for support. It is basically the same as TeamViewer. The only thing clients need to do is to download the client, to enter the SessionID, to click on Connect and to allow me accessing their device when being asked to do so. The same is true with TeamViewer.

I do not have any experience with LogMeIn.

On my Macs I love Jump Desktop. It could be used for support, but I do not think that it makes much sense for this particular use case.

Maybe, there are other users around that have a more helpful first-hand experience on the Mac for doing support.

I’ve used both of these at work for remote access and they are both solid options. I preferred LogMeIn of the two because the interface was better, in my opinion, but had no issues with Teamviewer either. You can try Teamviewer for free and see if you like the interface before buying, it felt too much like a Windows app for me (but worked flawlessly).

I’d see which you get a better deal for.

Thanks for your reply!

I tried LogMein last year for a couple of weeks when Bomgar dropped the Ball on Catalina. It worked well.
I will dive deeper into it to see if I can setup easy quick connect buttons on clients’ backup. It sounds silly but for many users even entering a code is sometimes to much.

There is also a concern about imago. Teamviewer appears to be the weapon of choice by the remote support scammers.

Will keep you posted.