What’s your job?

All around fx guy (practical and digital) but now hang my hat as a Visual Effects Producer.

2 Likes

I’m the “Program & Technology Officer” (whatever that means :wink: ) for a consortium of American international liberal arts institutions. I blog and write fiction on the side.

1 Like

I’m a federal IT and management consultant! Sadly windows only at work though :frowning:

2 Likes

Former Systems Engineer then Multimedia Programmer. Now wife, shepherdess, Android programmer, photo archiver, scrapbooker, spinner, knitter, weaver, reader, writer (do NaNoWriMo every year) and lover of good beer, wine and food.

3 Likes

I am a patent attorney in a small law firm, which I founded in 2011. I have 4 partners and about 20 total employees, including the partners, other lawyers, and staff. I have a BS and MS in Electrical Engineering, in addition to my JD, and I practiced as an engineer for 7 years before law school (beard and ponytail, concert T-shirts, and hiking boots - those were the days)!

3 Likes

Enterprise Architect (official title) working on High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters. Like an earlier poster - I have worked as a sysAdmin in VMS/U*ix in the past.

1 Like

I’m a composer and university music professor (Central Florida for a few years, starting at Wichita State in the fall). My music is mostly acoustic, but I’ve done some interactive electroacoustic stuff as well (Max, Pd, SuperCollider, etc.). For the very curious, here’s my personal/professional site.

As a hobby, sometimes a paid hobby, I have done some web development and consulting, some WordPress stuff and some frontend JavaScript stuff.

1 Like

I’m a full time professional cartoonist.

7 Likes

I’m a professional civil engineer. I design bridges, culverts, retaining walls, etc. Mostly I use Apple Devices for play and tinkering. I love the availability of well-written software available on MacOS and iOS, and having a terminal available to run unix-like commands.

2 Likes

I’m a state court trial judge (3 years), lawyer before that (24 years), and part time tech support person for a variety of institutions/companies (10 years). I also teach during summer sessions at a local university. In the past I earned a few nickels with a wine education podcast.

And, as someone above stated, I am not sure what I want to be when I grow up. Maybe a monorail pilot at one of the Disney resorts. :grinning:

6 Likes

Currently I deliver mail part time and am a substitute teacher. However, I have my bachelors degree in Human Resource Management. I would like to be a small business consultant. I have entertained the idea of starting a blog of fiction stories and a blog for consulting.

1 Like

I’m a lawyer, working in a small firm.

1 Like

I am a dermatology resident. 7 years down and 1 to go!

3 Likes

Educational researcher

1 Like

What does that entail?

Management consulting with focus on Finance & Digital transformation projects

1 Like

I’m in my second year as an assistant professor of interdisciplinary studies at CSU Dominguez Hills. My area is American literature, specifically Chicana feminist writers. I also do digital humanities work. I blog about my research, ethnic studies, and teaching very occasionally at http://citedatthecrossroads.net.

2 Likes

I’m a Respiratory Therapist and tech enthusiast!

2 Likes

As far as hobbies go, I have always been a “techie”, taking computers apart, putting them back together. Building websites from the old days of Microsoft Frontpage and jumping through all the hoops of the different CMS over the years.

As far as “job”, previously I was a Marriage and Family Therapist. I was called to the priesthood 5.5 years ago and have been serving since.

Current digital hobbies, MPU Forums, automation, workflows, figuring out whether I know how to blog and what to podcast about.

3 Likes

@Jeremy I run the research department of a K-12 district with103 elementary and secondary schools, where I provide a range of research and statistical services to support evidence informed decision-making in support of student achievement and well-being at the classroom/department, school and system level.

4 Likes