What’s your job?

That sounds awesome.

1 Like

I teach band/music. My class load consists of 6th-12th grade bands, piano, music theory, and music history.

2 Likes

I teach actors how to use their voices, coach accents for film/tv/theatre, and work at a Theatre Dept. at a university.

3 Likes

Charge Nurse in an Emergency Room.

3 Likes

I’m a lawyer and managing partner of a firm of 20 lawyers in California (Ventura and Sacramento Counties). I help people and businesses escape lawsuits unscathed (or, at least less scathed than they would be without me).

6 Likes

I am an architect with a speciality of hospitality and convention center design.

2 Likes

I work as an Research Actuary/Data Scientist but I am not an actuary yet. Spent first part of career working as an actuary and taking actuarial exams, changed careers to become a developer, switched back to working as an actuary and now taking the actuarial exams in my early 40s. Having very senior responsibilities at my job, a team to manage, married to a wonderful wife with two teenagers, trying to find time to study 400-500 hours in 5 months becomes a study in efficiency, productivity, and focus.

1 Like

It might not have been that long ago, I maintained a VMS based application until 2008 when it was replaced with a new system. The uptime on VMS was great, usually in months to years.

2 Likes

Retired now, but worked in various areas of IT over 35 years. Dealt with many programming languages and operating systems. Now exclusively Apple except for some single purpose Windows machines.

3 Likes

Another ham! Thought I was the only one. 73 de KJ6TTR.

KE0LXT here. I’ve been a ham for about year and a half. It was one of those things I wanted to do off and on since I was 12.

Awesome, Sean!

1 Like

I’m as Sys Admin for a Managed Services Company. When I’m not working I have a side job doing It support for small business because apparently I don’t spend enough time fixing other peoples problems.

1 Like

My entire career has been in IT. Currently I spend most of my time in the data visualization realm as a consultant, focusing mainly on Tableau. Yes, Tableau is available on macOS! I also work with several nonprofits that use the iMIS association managment platform.

2 Likes

I am a CFO for a private foundation. I am a licensed CPA and started at a big accounting firm 18 years ago. It’s been quite a journey so far! Mostly PCs at work but have been part of the Mac community for 18 years and do all my techie stuff at home though my new job is setting me up with a Mac. I’m excited about finally combining work/personal systems but ambivalent about learning new Excel keyboard shortcuts for the Mac.

2 Likes

I’ve a web developper (sysadmin, php, drupal) background and document management training and ended managing an intranet migration. I do this since around 2003, had Windows PC for about 2 years and having Mac / iPhone / iPad for now 7 years. My switch came of being tired of constant debugging in my linux distro (debian, Ubuntu) instead of working :slight_smile:
I’m currently helping a coworking space and involved in a blockchain project as community manager. And looking for a new position.

2 Likes

I do this:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/millardstephen

1 Like

KF6WNT here, not very active, we may get a local emergency response group up and running again though.

1 Like

Senior reactor operator

3 Likes

I am an Upper School Physics teacher and hobbyist programmer and music producer (amongst other things).

1 Like

As someone who’s also an educator, this is really interesting.I’d be curious your career path? Did you need a degree for this? Do you use automation in your work?

1 Like