What’s your job?

What exactly do you do with SAP workflow? I used to work for a company that I would have to help figure out why one of our employees wouldn’t make into the SAP system from PeopleMatter system.

I’m a SQL Server database administrator for a SaaS company

1 Like

I’m a public health physician and family physician (in Canada)

4 Likes

@Jen-Nola What if the doctors and nurses are actually training the robots!?!?! Skynet anyone? :smiley:

Cybersecurity/IT auditor

sidehustles: ios app, budding youtube content creator, blogger & IT Teacher

1 Like

We’ve done a number of SAP Business Workflows recently. Mostly either HR or FI related, including grant proposal submissions, admission to the university, approvals for changes in pay, etc. Basically either automating manual processes or replacing paper processes with the goal of making them quicker, easier, and more transparent.

1 Like

Nice! I know that the company I worked for is now transferring all the SAP stuff to the cloud. Supposed to work better I guess.

I’m not a techie by training, although I am geeky by nature.

I work in sales for one of the IT vendors, and prior to that I used to work for Microsoft (gasp!).

I’ve undergone a complete transformation where I was using 0% Apple products to now where I am exclusively on Apple products. It’s been quite a journey and I owe much gratitude to MPU for helping me get the most out of my tech.

1 Like

I am an Area Supervisor for a medium sized pizza franchise, with a side of house flipping.

3 Likes

@professorgadgets Ha! Then I’d have a robot revolt on my hands! It’s actually my techs who run them and “speak” as the patients. One took great delight today playing the combative patient to teach nurses to deal with one. The yelling and cursing from a robot caused quite an initial scare and shock.

3 Likes

I’m a transplant physician at a public hospital. I do some private work (which I consider my side project as a free agent). I enjoy the public work, particularly the broad spectrum of people that walk through the hospital door seeking treatment (Australia has a universal healthcare system at the level of the tertiary hospital). My private work is more of a nest-egg for a future when I want to dictate my caseload and circumstances. I particularly enjoy using automation to facilitate excellence in healthcare. As a case point, I have a task paper template in OmniFocus that outlines every step that is required for a new patient who requires a transplant, including reminders 1 and 3 months post-transplant to call and see how they are going. It makes my busy schedule significantly easier to manage.

3 Likes

Architect specializing in building enclosure design, rehabilitation, and repair.

2 Likes

GIS (geographic information systems) analyst for local government. I am mainly responsible for the city’s underground utilities, although I have a lot of flexibility in my job. I also get to do some photography and video for the city’s golf course, which includes flying the drone!

4 Likes

Was a graphic designer for 10 years then became a pastor for the last 23 years.

2 Likes

Freelance web and graphic design for 13+ years. Also a bit of tutoring/consulting for folks using Apple tech. Doing most of my work on an iPad for the past couple years.

2 Likes

Hello! I work as an admissions rep at Hope College in Holland, Michigan. On the side I love writing about technology on a site I call The Agenda.

Tomorrow I’m launching my first-ever digital product, an ebook called Better With Basecamp.

1 Like

I am an assistant professor of psychology (about to begin my 5th year), studying intergroup relations, prejudice, and protest.

2 Likes

How do you plan to advertise the tutoring/consulting of Apple tech? I’m curious because I have thought of doing the same.

1 Like

Paralegal in a plaintiff’s personal injury firm specializing in products liability and crashworthiness cases with catastrophic injuries. Although Windows at work I use my MacBook Pro in the courtroom. Our firm’s IT guy comes to me with his Apple questions. :blush:

3 Likes

I have it on my website but it’s not something I really advertise aside from that. Mostly it’s just a word of mouth.

1 Like