What Safari extensions do you use?

Here’s what I use atm:

1. 1Password - Password manager
  2. Grammarly - Spelling and grammar checker
  3. Honey - Automatically finds and fills the coupon codes on shopping sites
  4. Raindrop.io - My fav bookmarks and webpage saver. I have a paid subscription to this service.
  5. StopTheMadness - A swiss army knife with many useful functionalities like being able to copy the URLs by Cmd + C when hovering on links, removing tracking junk from URLs, being able to paste in all input fields, etc.
  6. Vimari - Lets me operate Safari with single-key shortcuts. ‘c’ for close, ‘z’ to go back, ‘x’ to go forward, ‘a’ to switch to previous tab, ‘s’ to next tab etc.
  7. Wipr - Adblocker. In addition to this, also have AdGuard running system-wide.

What about you?

4 Likes

I use many of the same but add the following:

1. SimpleLogin - Email aliases
  2. Clip to DevonThink - Quickly add to DevonThink
  3. TickTick - Create To-Do item
2 Likes

Just curious, but what is the advantage of running Wipr if you’re already running Adguard desktop? Adguard gives a lot more flexibility on your filters than Wipr and you can use it in Safari with the built in Adguard Assistant Extension .

I’m going to checkout raindrop.io based on your recommendation.

On macOS?

1. 1Password for Safari - Password Manager
  2. AdGuard for Safari - Ad Blocker
  3. Instapaper Save - Bookmark Manager
  4. Pinboard Browser Extension - Bookmark Manager
  5. Safari Backspace - Make backspace work again (go back one page)
  6. Vinegar - YouTube cleaner

I’d like to use Noir (Dark Mode) as on iOS, but it requires macOS Monterey and IT does not allow me to use that (yet) :cry:

macOS only:

• Bear
  • 1Password
  • Tabs-to-Links
  • Quiver web clipper
  • DEVONthink
  • Evernote
  • AnyList recipe importer
  • Shorten URL
  • 1Blocker

Not an extension, but I also use the bookmarklet for hypothes.is

On my Mac I have:

• Subscribe to Feed in NetNewsWire
  • Clip to DEVONthink
  • BitWarden
  • Wayback Machine
  • StopTheMadness
  • DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials
  • Better

Those last two are currently on probation, I’m not sure if I’ll keep them around as I also use NextDNS to filter out a lot of trackers and other nasties online.

Only three:

• 1Password
  • Keepa
  • Wipr

Only one:

1Password

I’ve always considered browser extensions to be security threats and avoid them whenever possible.

hmmm, let’s see:

Oh my, Vimari is what I needed but didn’t know existed!

The only one I have to add to what’s already been mentioned: Page Screenshot.

I downloaded it after seeing here - it also works on the iPad and allows Picture in Picture mode, so you can open another tab or app and it’ll continue to work.

Some trade offs however - doesn’t support 4K and can’t auto play the next video it seems, so not great if you’ve create music playlists.

1 Like

I bought it for Picture-in-Picture, but I’m (also) afraid Google will block this.

Enjoy it while it lasts?

(PS: No auto-play is a bonus for me - and I don’t have 4K TV’s/monitors)

1 Like

What does Vimari do, exactly?

Safari specific keyboard navigation.

1 Like

Ah, thank you for explain that. I’ve never heard of a lot of extensions on this thread, but then again I’m testing migrating from Firefox to Safari and my main browser.

As a Firefox user myself, I would be interested to hear about what you notice.