What Setapp apps do you use?

Some sites have changed their code in response to apps like Downie, Softorino, and MediaHuman downloader apps. I used to be able to reliably download YouTube and Facebook/Instagram videos with the latter two but no longer. Most of the time I succeed with the ClipGrab, which has a much clunker, ugly user interface.

I like Forklift for access to remote file systems and have used it quite a bit, but it lacks the large preview pane that Path Finder has.

Forklift’s preview pane is resizable, as you can see below. How much bigger is Path Finder’s? How much bigger do you need?!

If I read that right, they Picked Path Finder as the “Upgrade” pick - does that mean they think Path Finder is better ?

I need almost my whole screen.

Yes, you can do that if you forgo a 2nd column, as in the example of your attachment.

Have you been able to get rid of the details under the preview in the Forklift preview pane? I could not figure it out when I was using it.

EDIT: No, it duplicates the Finder preview pane as best as it can. If you want to see the image without metadata, and even larger, just hit the space-bar to invoke QuickLook. I can see occasionally wanting to hide it, though.

Thanks for checking, bowline. I need to flip quickly through the large drawings with small text and often rename them one by one while I am looking at them. The larger preview pane of Path Finder lets me save about 10 seconds per drawing by avoiding extra keystrokes and scrolling. I do this often enough that the 10 second difference feels significant.

1 Like

I do it from the QuickLook view: select and item, invoke QuickLook to enlarge it in pop-up window (and you can use the arrow keys to scroll between images in the Forklift window behind the image) and if I need to rename I just tap Return and I’m in edit-mode for the name in Forklift!

Others have likely noticed this. Anyway, I thought this thread might be a good home for this screenshot.

6 Likes

I have a quick question regarding Timing. It is part of SetApp, however I couldn’t figure out which version. They have a professional and an expert tier if you subscribe to their app. I assume that the Setapp version is just the professional version… can anybody confirm this?

I found this on their website: ¹

Which version of Timing is included as part of the Setapp service?

The version of Timing on Setapp is Timing Expert. However, a Setapp subscription only supports being used on two devices by default. In addition, the revenue share I receive if you subscribe directly is much higher of course.

I’m pleased to hear this, as one of the habits I want to develop is time tracking. I planned to use Timery & Toggl but I may start with Timing and see how I like it (or don’t) since I already have Setapp.

¹ tbh, I didn’t find it until I went to Contact – Timing Time Tracker and put the word “Setapp” in the big box.

1 Like

Timing is a huge reason that I keep SetApp. Between it and TablePlus I get more than my money’s worth. :blush: