What threads do you return to time and time again?

Yesterday @obbiie posted in a thread about another thread here on MPU that they constantly revisit:

And it got me thinking. I also have a couple of threads that I revisit regularly, and I doubt we’re the only ones. So, do you have threads that you regularly return to?

Rules:

1. you can only link to a maximum of 3 threads - make your choices accordingly!
  2. tell us why you like going back to it :slightly_smiling_face:

To kick things off, I use these two a lot:

I’ve not been using this one so much recently, but it was invaluable this year as I tested a new task management system (I finally settled on NotePlan and have been using it for a couple of months now without issue).

And this one…

This is an old thread but SO GOOD. I have so many apps that I bought solely because of this thread. Things that improve your quality of life without you realising you even needed it. My faves are:

• Choosy, which I use for sandboxing Google in a specific browser, but also someone mentioned they point Zoom links straight to the Zoom app so you don’t get the annoying message asking if you want to open the app every time, and I’ve done this too. Brilliant!)
  • Moom - window management, a thing I didn’t know I needed, but now I have lots of pre-saved views.

(PopClip gets an honourable mention. To be honest I only use it to count characters in sentences and for a quick copy button. I’m sure I should be doing much more with it!)

Which threads do you keep returning to, and why?

4 Likes