What's your favourite shelf app?

If you’re not familiar with the concept of a “shelf” on iOS, here’s a short summary: It’s a app/place for you to park items, before they make it to their final destination, e.g. you’re grabbing info from a website, and pictures, etc. This way you just keep the one app open to drag things into, and then you can use it as a source for building the document properly later.

Federico Viticci did a round up of the best shelf apps for iPad, but I’m curious what you’re using.

As I mentioned in my post about my 10.5" iPad Homescreen, I’ve been using Gladys and Copied. I love that Gladys works as a document provider as well as with drag and drop, but being able to have Copied open side by side with an app and it grabbing my clipboard is also very powerful - plus it syncs to my 2011 Mac Mini which comes in handier than I thought it ever would.

What are you using? What’s your favourite feature about it?

2 Likes

I keep forgetting that I have Copied. I think I miss something about it. It seems to have so many features, even an „open in copied browser“ extension, but somehow I just don‘t get to use it. I‘ll look into it once more!
One problem with it: If I auto-sync my clipboard, I have to much in there. If I don‘t, there‘s nothing.

2 Likes

For shelf-type work, I’m on team Gladys but for text, it’s Copied all the way.

2 Likes

When the shelves first started coming out, I read up the blog by Federico Viticci, tried all of them, and found that Dropped work for me. I liked the auto-generation of content sorting and the tabs.

I recently came across Yoink and just started testing it this week, so far I like that in terms of adding, it has a Download URL option.

1 Like

That sounds super useful, darn - I think this thread will cost me money! :laughing:

1 Like

Copied gets my vote.

1 Like

Copied is my choice :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have purchased them all, but in all honesty I don’t use them!

1 Like

I’m curious what Gladys adds that Copied does not include? I have both, but I’m not sure I even need Gladys when I have Copied on all my devices.

2 Likes

Gladys for everything except text. Then it’s Copied

1 Like

I have been on team Gladys, but I think I am going to have to give copied a try.

1 Like

Yoink is great on the Mac for moving images and other files around. Been going back and forth between Yoink and Gladys on the iPad, but I find I use Yoink a lot more on the Mac.

1 Like

With copied on iOS, are you able to blacklis certain certain applications… eg 1password? I like that eg Alfred in the MAC ignores Apps I tell itntoo

According to their FAQ, Passwords copied from 1Password are automatically ignored and concealed. There are also per-application rules.

Just to confirm, is that the iOS app, or he macOS app? TIA…

In iOS you may be able to use URL Schemes. On Mac there is an application picker.

Thanks, inspired by your suggestion, I went through copied’s FAQ’s…

Q. Why can’t I save a password that I’ve copied from 1Password?

Passwords copied from 1Password are automatically ignored and concealed for security and privacy purposes. If you really want to save a password to Copied, you can do so at your own risk by creating a new clipping in Copied and pasting the password as text.

1 Like

Gladys and Yoink.

Copied for whatever reason has not been reliably syncing across macOS and iOS for me.

I have Copied, but I don’t think I’ve ever used it. Is the typical use case copying multiple items to the clipboard, then going to Copied to paste each one into another app(s)?

1 Like

Copied gets my vote.