Where do you use your iPad?

I’ve just started using my iPad at my desk along with the main Mac, MacAir and Chromebook plus 2 Kindle fires all at once. I can have the current version of the LambTracker database up on my main mac with the SQLite tools ready to look at stuff, the Android development environment up on laptop with an extra screen attached so code is on the laptop and the logcat is on the extra screen, 1 kindle running the test code against the new database, 1 running the old code against the old database, iPad with some manuals and other reference stuff I am using and the Chromebook ready for web browsing or quickie stuff. Desk is a mess, lots of my post-it note kanban bugs/enhancements that I am working on but I am getting results.

2 Likes

I’m also picturing livestock wandering in and out, just to add to the chaos.

3 Likes

I used my iPad Air 2 for most of 2018 as my primary computer. My MacBook Air was getting long in the tooth, and I found that the iPad gave me the flexibility to work anywhere. I spent a good deal of time at my local coffee shops writing academic papers, preparing lectures, Keynotes, and even grading. The MacBook Air stayed at my desk and was only pulled out for heavy lifting (video editing and final paper formatting). I recently ordered the iPad Air 3 with Apple Pencil. Since my department purchased a MacBook Pro, I have decided to go back to an iPad centered workflow (will even try to do the minimal amount of video editing I need to do on the new iPad). I really love the ability to carry a small Tom Bihn bag with an iPad, notebook, and keyboard and work almost anywhere.

1 Like

Naa, they are all naked now We just finished shearing) and so are embarrassed to be seen in polite company :wink:

2 Likes