Which Subversion, Git, Hg (rcs 🙂) client do you use?

I bought Cornerstone, but they’re moving to a subscription model that I can’t afford.
I also have Versions, but it has its limitations.
I’m particularly interested in SVN, but thought I’d make the topic more broadly applicable.

For subversion I either use the command line or the built in integration in my IDE (PHPstorm most of the time). If I’m on Windows (it happens!) I use either TortoiseSVN or the integration in the IDE again.

For Git I use Working Copy on iOS, SourceTree on the Mac, and that same IDE integration - plus the command line on my server.

1 Like

I only use Git right now. Most of my interactions are through the command line but for merge conflicts I tend to use VSCode. I do use a lot of the git functions shown in the fzf examples. fuzzy searching is amazing :grin:

1 Like

I use git as well and kinda to my shame I only use egit, the git client built into eclipse. It’s terrible, but consistent

1 Like

I use Git and Gitlab, SourceTree is a very powerful free tool. I have used Tower for years, but once they moved into subscription they lost me.
A word of caution though, I don’t want to turn the post into comparison between VC systems, but SVN is not getting the needed traction from the community to make it survive and evolve. This is why you will find every single IDE supports Git but not necessarily true for SVN.

1 Like

SourceTree, Visual Studio Code, and command line for git. Checking out Sublime Merge but I don’t trust them enough to buy a license again.

1 Like

I only used Subversion (it was the standard at work). TortoiseSVN on Windows and command line on Linux and macOS. I never really cared for IDE integrated interfaces.

1 Like

I use Tower v2 (v3 is subscription) and really like it but I’m not sure you can get a license for it anymore.

1 Like

I just moved over to using GitKraken to deal with my Git repositories both local and on GitLab. Tried some of the others, but GitKraken seems to be sufficient for my limited needs.

1 Like