Which VPN do you use?

Had no doubt that you got the price you posted. Your comments will help others.

Being a big time VPN connoisseur I’ll still use encript.me awhile longer as good enough. If needs change so will I.

Mullvad is my favorite. They don’t have any of the users data. You can pay with bitcoin. And it works on my Mac and iOS devices. It is the most private VPN I have ever found. I highly recommend it. If you want pro level VPN this is it.

I’ve had a VyprVPN connection bundled with my Giganews subscription for many years. It’s fast, has endpoints all over the world and supported on pretty much every OS. You can configure the settings yourself or use their client. Not sure about the ban for torrenting as their privacy page says that they don’t restrict bandwidth, usage, applications or ports.

I also have an L2TP VPN running on my Ubiquiti Security Gateway at home so I can VPN to home and out through my home broadband if needs be.

If you look on Reddit there are lots of posts about VyprVPN’s actions if you get noticed torrenting or downloading anything that the authorities are looking for (and sharing of course in the case of torrents). If a request is served by a copyright agency or film studio they close your account.

I don’t pirate so I’ve been a happy user for a long time. My bank account is the only thing that has suffered buying movies on iTunes!

Interesting, not that it will affect me as I stream anything I want to watch over Amazon Prime or Netflix, and that will generally be from home anyway.

The VyprVPN client is running on my MacBook to automatically connect to any WiFi network that is not in my “safe” list, i.e. anything that is not my work or home WiFi networks.

Thanks all for your great advice. I’m going to give PIA a go for a year. Saved $20 over TunnelBear.

Still doesn’t allow UK TV though…

Are you sure? PIA has selectable regions in London, Manchester, and Southampton - have all the IP ranges for those nodes been blocked by the Beeb?

looks like it. Disappointing :frowning:

Well, that’s one point for NordVPN then:

https://support.nordvpn.com/#/General-info/SmartPlay/1047407672/How-to-securely-watch-BBC-with-NordVPN.htm

… and big points against them!

2 Likes

www.mullvad.com

its the only way to go!

I used tunnelbear once in a while. But for maybe three years I’ve been using OpenVPN hosted by a server built into the firmware of my Netgear router.

It’s funny, I hear VPNs advertised all over podcasts the last few months. But I feel like many of them are scammy or worse. And since almost everything, apps included, are using https these days, I’m not sure a vpn is as important on public wifi as it might have been 4-5 years ago.