Who here has left Adobe Premiere Pro for Final Cut Pro within the past couple of years?

Do you find yourself missing Adobe or no?

How do you feel about switching?

Haven’t used Premiere for a while, but the last time I did it was on older hardware and it usually struggled with 4k playback. Final Cut on the same machine was considerably smoother and faster.

Performance aside, I always liked the UI of Final Cut better and found it a bit more intuitive (grew up using iMovie). My video editing needs are relatively simple, never noticed any feature disparity between FCP and Premiere. And of course the price of FCP is a lot more affordable compared to Adobe’s subscriptions.

I stopped using Premier around 20 years ago. I hated the interface and workflow. When I started with Premier, I needed to take a course to understand it. I worked out how to use FCP in a day just playing around. The interface is much more intuitive and I enjoy using it, Premier was the exact opposite.

I’m sure it’s been improved over the last two decades, but I’ve never once thought of going back.

I looked to switch from Premiere Pro to FCP earlier this year and used the 3 month FCP trial. Suffice to say I’m still using Premiere. It seems in use and the forums that FCP has deteriorated as all Apple software has.

For my own use FCP had nowhere near the functionality of Premiere Pro.

I was using the Adobe suit for a couple of years now, but started to get very annoyed by the faxt, that I had to “repair” the command center (can’t even remember the name of this thing) after almost every restart of my iMac.
So I cx it a couple of weeks ago, and deleted everything from Adobe from my system.
I save a lot of money now, and I’m missing not a single app. All functions I needed could be replaced with other apps like FC Pro, and even the Preview covers a couple of things, I used Photoshop before.
PDFs are now on Preview and DEVONthink, so I´m fine with that decision.

The one app I could never find a decent replacement for was Adobe Audition. Anybody managed that? (I’m obviously not looking for a solution more expensive than Adobe)

Wasn´t there an app @macsparky recommend during the last couple of weeks, he is using for the audio with his podcasts?

not knowing how deep your audio workflow goes, but Fission from rogue amoeba works for me

Not sure about your actual needs, but what about Logic Pro or even Garage Band? They are audio apps but LP can play the video while you edit the audio I think…

I think the app @MacSparky mentioned was Audio Hijack.

Thanks all, very helpful. My needs are cleaning up old audio digitised from cassettes (remember those?!). The cassettes often need noise removal, definitely need clipping fixed and the odd bit of cutting out audio.

If you have an iPad, I highly recommend Brusfri for noise removal and Ferrite Recording Studio for editing. Brusfri can be installed as a plugin in Ferrite Pro or as a standalone. Plus, the experience of editing audio with an Apple Pencil on Ferrite Pro is far superior compared to editing on your Mac with a trackpad or a mouse.

How does brusfri and ferrite deal with heavily clipped audio?