Why does Siri's accent keep changing?

The most stressful thing going on in my life, right now, is that every so often Siri keeps switching from my chosen voice (female, Irish - like my wife’s accent) to an Australian voice.

I’m from New Zealand, and I find this annoying!

(The other day, I took a picture of our cutlery draw using my iPhone and siri blurted out, “That’s not a knife. That’s a knife.” - truth)

It does this switch randomly.

It takes me a couple of minutes, per device, to switch it back.

Am I the only “victim” of this randomness?

1 Like

That’s hilarious. In my house I’d suspect kids messing with it.

1 Like

I had male, Irish - I want to be served by a leprechaun - to a male American voice recently. At first I thought it was only in Spotify, and maybe it was using the Spotify DJ voice, but it seems to be everywhere.

I first noticed it using CarPlay in a car, so maybe it’s related to hooking up & detaching CarPlay, or Bluetooth devices?

1 Like

Yes! Me too. It keeps flipping from an Irish man to an Aussie. I wondered if it was related to the option of Australian English which I chose as the language option.

Me too! My siri accent keeps changing to American male 3 (I’m in Canada and find it irritating… lol). Has done this several times the past few months. Would love to figure out how to make it stop!