Widgets unavailable to add to iOS

I have now downloaded four different ‘moon phase’ apps to my iPhone 13, then attempted to add their widgets to my home screen. In each case, their widgets (which they advertise) do not show up as an option, whether browsing or searching for them. All existing apps with widgets work just fine.

One app is a fluke. But four???

Anyone else run across this issue?

iOS 17.2.1

If you download any other new apps with widgets, do they work?

Frustratingly, I have found that sometimes widgets are unavailable for new apps I download until I restart my whole phone, ie turn it off and back on again. Sometimes they don’t show up in the App Library until then, either.

There is a known bug with iPhone OS (been around since I think 16) where sometimes new widgets won’t work. The refresh should work (the other advice is to uninstall and reinstall apps - I haven’t found that helps though).

FWIW, I use this moon app (I’m not being vague, it’s just the app is called “MOON” which is incredibly non-specific and I thought it was better to link to it!). I use the free version and haven’t had any problems with the widget (I actually don’t use the app at all since all I want is the widget).

5th time’s a charm? Moon app worked this time…