WiFi router recommendations for home? Currently using a Netgear R7000

FWIW I think the eero app can manage multiple networks from the same app/account.

Of course I guess that means you’d have to switch to eero for your home and rental property.

1 Like

@Bilbo Did you replace your existing router with the Eero, or add it to your existing router?

Wow! That Dream Machine looks amazing!

1 Like

That Unifi Dream Machine looks amazing, it’s my top choice at the moment.

Wow…

Free shipping…

…if you are in the U.S. …

…for orders over $500.

How gënerous of them.

2 Likes

Sorry for the tardy reply…I’ve been super busy.

Yes, it replace an aging AirPort Extreme router.

1 Like

Update, I went with Eero. Using a Pro and a couple beacons, very happy with it. Recommended!

2 Likes

It’s now one year later since this thread was started. What are the latest wifi router recommendations, including wifi6?

Synology RT2600AC is my go to router for home and small business.

1 Like

I’d still recommend eero. Mine has been flawless for a year or so.

1 Like

If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. Or replace it, for that matter.

Really, there’s already more than enough electronic waste on this planet. Besides, the R7000 is still a fine router that gets firmware updates. And there’s not that much to tinker with a router.

If you just want to have the feeling you have something new, install dd-wrt or openwrt on the R7000. No iOS apps (but why on earth would someone need this - honest question), but stable and you can install extra packages, like OpenVPN.

Are these all wireless , or do you connect the beacons via Ethernet?

The eero Beacon and extender (WiFi 6) are just wireless for backhaul. Don’t know what to call them, but the base stations are either wired or wireless for backhaul for the various models with speed and WiFi type being the difference.

1 Like