Working with Bear & Ulysses together?

Hi Folks, Anybody got a workflow to working with Bear and Ulysses together, is there a quick way to get Bear notes into a Ulysses project (IOS or MacOS) or is Bear better for storing information and Ulysses is the tool for creation and the two don’t mix ? Any thoughts please

FWIW cross-platform I use Apple Notes and Ulysses

1 Like

I run both Bear and Ulysses, but I use them for different things. Bear is for notes and short form writing, Ulysses is for long form writing. I seldom move stuff from one of these apps to the other. On the rare occasions when I do, I just copy and paste.

2 Likes

I, too, use Bear and Ulysses for quite different things. Bear is for quick information capture and storage (it’s essentially my Evernote replacement). Ulysses is for writing.

1 Like

Ulysses’ organisational features are much better, I just use it for both. I have to admit I haven’t looked at Besr since the beta though.

2 Likes

Bear is able to export as a Markdown file, which can then be opened in Ulysses, so that’s one way to share information between the two apps.

1 Like

@stumccly I understand @ChrisUpchurch uses them for long and short work. He has clear tasks for each. But why do you want use the two apps Bear and Ulysses? To me they are close together offering tags and markdown… I’d choose one or the other.

Now that Drafts (beta) is available on the Mac the combination Ulysses and Drafts is my choice. (Drafts for the actions and organizing features and Ulysses of organization and familiarity/comfort.)

Actually… much of my recent writing has been on the iPad, These apps were my choices from the days of Drafts 4.

Yes, there are other wonderful options with many features and benefits. For now, I’m happy with what I’ve got.

2 Likes

All good advice, thanks guys