Yet another productivity app: Wunderlist founder announces Superlist (no details available)

You can sign up to be notified about the app at https://superlistapp.com.

I am skeptical, but curious. To be optimistic, it is curious that the Wunderlist founder is hyping this as a whole new company. That tells me it’ll be more than just another todo app. Still, are there really any new features to be had in this space? 🤷‍♂

1 Like

No. Just variations.

Todoist
OmniFocus
Ticktick
Todo
2do
Clickup
Nirvana

To name a few

1 Like

Don’t forget Microsoft To Do :joy:

3 Likes

Maybe he has a new concept like a NotDue app or a DontContact app.

1 Like

Lord, yes!

I know part of the angst around this app or that app is overwhelm with the actual work we have to do, but another part of that angst is IMO lack of the right paradigm and feature set to support the actual work.

2 Likes

Hard to say, since the video shows nothing, the press release says nothing, and any articles about it merely recapitulate the press release, in some cases (eg that post from The Verge) just including a Wunderlist image insert. Hype is a good word.

Numerous apps are now offering different views - kanban, spreadsheet-like list, mindmap - at the click of a button. Some are offering collaboration - Slack-like chat, video, whiteboard. Some offer a better writing experience for longer-form text, integrated with calendaring (Agenda, NotePlan).

1 Like

I signed up out of curiosity.

I think new features are possible, but I don’t expect them here. There’s more predictable value in changing the design/organization/integration of existing features to suit an industry or a niche working situation. And with Wunderlist’s reputation, the audience for this is his to lose. But we’ll see.

1 Like

I read the idea is to exist between personal powerful to-do apps and big ugly entreprise collaborative systems.

1 Like

Superlist launched today!

2 Likes

The paid plans are pretty expensive, but the free versions look generous enough that they’ll probably be sufficient for most solo users and even for some small groups.

Why is this getting so much press? I keep seeing mentions of it on tech sites. Are to do apps a big thing for every day people now? Was Wunderlist incredibly popular?

I never used it, but as I recall, it was.

1 Like

It had 15-20 million users, so fairly popular, and a founder with a good head on his shoulders. Lots of us are sympathetic to his frustrations with Microsoft’s ownership so excited to see what he can do now.

looking at the description, looks like Agenda.

It’s a tougher market than that in Wunderlist days. It remains to be seen how they can compete against other tools (I fail to see what gives on top of Reminders for personal use and the “team” features are somewhat basic).

Still, the Wunderlist product was awesome on its day so certainly something to keep in the radar.

1 Like

It looks to me like they’re going after the Asana market with a slicker interface. But it has a long way to go except for the most basic uses at the moment. Features like AI summation of starred Gmails will be quickly copied by rivals.

Even Microsoft has forgotten about Microsoft To Do

1 Like

Yeah, at first I though it was a good, albeit basic, todo app, but the longer I used it the more I saw things breaking. To the point I can’t rely on it. It’s like everything Microsoft though, I like Windows 11, but it often drives me nuts.

Keep Productive has a review for those that are interested.

2 Likes