628: Stream Deck Power Users

I put my StreamDeck XL back in the box…

After noticing I hardly use it (I seem to prefer keyboard shortcuts on my regular keyboard) I want to see whether I can indeed work without it.

The fact that it blocked seeing my LaMetric Time did not help either…

No. I will try your solution. Thanks!

I have BetterTouchTool through SetApp. Is it just me or didn’t they update to 3.8 to be able to use Stream Deck?

I version #1 and #2 once a week, along with Shortcuts and DevonThink Scripts/SmartRules. I do all of it using a clunky Keyboard Maestro macro. Once a week on Friday afternoons everything is exported and committed to GIT.

Great news, everyone!

To shreds, you say...?
1 Like

Keyboard Maestro, in many contexts, does not require much “head space”. It allows you to fairly easily do just what you have mentioned as an example need. You just tell it the sequence of actions that you want it to execute. It is hard to conceive of anything that is going to be simpler.

(positions the window to the left of the screen (I already have Safari and Moom)

Looks nice - though it doesn’t have many buttons.

Having recently acquired my third StreamDeck (one of each size now) I think I have the real estate (probably on the XL, though maybe the baby one) to implement a cluster of arrow buttons.

As I discussed on Twitter yesterday that might be the thing to do. What I don’t know is whether holding down a StreamDeck button would cause repeat firing.

When a Stream Deck and a Stream Deck love each other very much…