639: Software Club: Greg Pierce and Drafts

Mark Bernstein, developer of Tinderbox.

2 Likes

I use Drafts a lot as a starting place for text. Sometimes I send it to other locations, sometimes I just keep it in Drafts for quick reference.

I appreciate being able to download and install themes with different colors. However, Iā€™d like to see a Drafts interface redo to look more modern and colorful, to fit with the look of macOS and iOS.

2 Likes

App authors Iā€™m interested in hearing about

Hazel
Bear
DayOne

Iā€™d like to hear from the guy who sold ms-dos to IBM.

2 Likes

Same! My only experience when using workspaces is the inability to find notes hidden in other workspaces.

1 Like

This episode inspired me to reignite my use of Drafts, after I let it fall by the wayside for the longest time. Iā€™ve written about my experience recalibrating Drafts to be a useful app for my needs.

2 Likes

In the same boat (and city) as you, @Drewster!
I even set up my Apple Watch with a Drafts complication to minimise the friction. But then reverted to my Garmin for exercise :roll_eyes:

But I see so many possibilities with Drafts that I need to dig into the details to make it work for me. And maybe wear the Apple Watch as my daily driver.

1 Like

Thanks for that article! When I think of it, I use almost exclusively actions from one action group and only get to see the others when they are accidentally activated. I should follow your example.
On the other hand, there are all these nice actions/groups that I installed sometime and intend to try out one day. Which actually never happens ā€¦

1 Like

Peter Lewis
Anybody from DEVONthink 3 especially Jim.

2 Likes

@MacSparky mentioned in this episode about a workflow he uses in Drafts where it will find the tasks from a note, add it to Omnifocus, and then add the note to obsidian. Can anyone show me somewhere where that has been previously discussed/shared? I would love to be able to implement this into my Drafts workflow.

So I havenā€™t tried Reflexā€¦ like mentioned in the show by @ismh I have been using MacMediaKeyForwarder, which it seems the main developer has stopped working on but has been forked and updated recently: Releases Ā· quentinlesceller/macmediakeyforwarder Ā· GitHub

Just listened to this and am taking Gregā€™s advice on the subscription service. That is go monthly (@ $2.99) until it becomes a habit (or not). I wish I had stuck with it from years ago as now it seems such a beast! But I also just watched this and Tiago makes a lot of sense.

Beginnerā€™s Guide: The First 30 Days Using a Notes App | Pick Your Notes App (Part 4) - YouTube

2 Likes