64-bit Fujitsu ScanSnap app finally out

It seems the S1300 is a special case. I did look at several third-party options and none supported the S1300, while they did support other Fujitsu ScanSnap models.

I can’t help but thinking that the “bricking” of older models is a deliberate policy by Fujitsu. Because with every update of MacOS (or OS X) their software stops working and needs an upgrade. It seems they’re just building a version check into their software.

Anyway, it’ no longer an issue for me, as I definitely will never buy a Fujitsu scanner anymore.

1 Like

@Brisbane - Helpful and timely post, thank you.

I took the liberty of adding your link, with due credit to you, to my post in another thread in this forum discussing the new ScanSnap Home software. Link to that thread: https://talk.macpowerusers.com/t/does-anyone-use-scansnap-home-software/8582/13

Well… Thank you all for all the valued info. When I saw the SSnap online ad, that my S1500M (my four units) would not work with Mojave, and a Fujitsu guy confirm me that have no upgrade to SSnap Home (and I dont find in the page a link to price/but) I started to search and finally find this forum. I already confirmed that my VueScan works on it, but IN FACT… I am very disappointed with Fujitsu. Mainly because its policy of “on computer, one licence, one scanner” My question for the forum is:
Which kind of scanner (other brands) similar to the S1500M could you recommend? My main use is to digitize/ocr books and documents.
Thank you very much for your help!

Pablo

Running ExactScan all day long in my home and work offices with Scansnap ix500 and (I think) an S1500. Works perfectly. Same features as the Fujitsu software. After setting up (quit out of Scansnap app and stop if from launching at startup), you’re back to just pushing the scan button on the scanner.

The software is a little on the expensive side and the UI is pretty utilitarian but you can adjust almost any aspects of the scanning process and save as profiles. The company has been around for ages and is constantly upgrading. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Steve!

Sold the S1500M for I think $150 and ordered a iX1500 for around $385 on Amazon (the price varies over the months, use some of the amazon price tracking options to send an alert). The upgrade ended up costing around $250. Given the number of years in service, $250 is very reasonable AND the new unit is waaay better (obviously total opinion).

I’m not arguing for not supporting older hardware. If the S1500M was supported I’d happily be using it till it turned to dust. Great machine I recommended any chance I got.

Just not worth the time, effort, or bother to me to work with a company that has no intention to listen. My forehead is bruised enough. Your mileage may vary.

Lastly, there’s something to be said for interpreting the circumstances in such a way as to be left empowered. Discovering and using your power to do so is available to all and pretty cool. :vulcan_salute:t3:

Post deleted - duplicate