A bunch of OS updates have been released (Monterey, iOS/TV/HomePod 15.1, watchOS 8.1)

At least here in the Midwest at 12:45, macOS 12.0.1/Monterey (12.13GB download :scream:, iOS/iPadOS 15.1, WatchOS 8.1, HomePod 15.1, and tvOS 15.1 are now available to download.

Edit: I see that Big Sur 11.6.1 is also out. Perhaps there are iOS 14 updates as well but I no longer have devices on that release so can’t see them on the updates screen.

2 Likes

It’s trying to re-download 11.6.1 which I already have. very strange

I am that heartless person who kicked off all those updates at the same time.

5 Likes

I did likewise. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

On it.
20 characters
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Update: the macOS Monetary was the fastest major or even minor update I had in years

Indeed.
Enormous download - 12.3GB.
Fast update of Intel and M1 machines.

1 Like

Wishful thinking? My imagination? I don’t know but after installing Monterey my M1 seems to run even faster.

1 Like

Nope, not only faster. I have a CPU monitor, and my CPU went from 25% during idle time to just 12%.

2 Likes

Same here.
So does Intel.

1 Like

@mina @tipper-bonylad Good to know I’m not imagining this! I’m impressed. I’ll really be blazing along when the new MBP M1 Max arrives in a few weeks!

1 Like

If any of you brave souls use Arqbackup give us an update in a few days. Thanks.

1 Like

Working like a charm.

2 Likes

Does Apple provide an installer that I can copy onto an external drive? I have three Macs (which is not normal for me) and would rather not download the 12.3G more than once.

1 Like

OSXDaily has an installer app on its discussion of Monterrey, and I also use the MDS from TwoCanoes

2 Likes

Did you just update? or a fresh install?

Just update today, on different computers. And it’s amazingly fast.

Did all the other updates once they were available, now the house is slowing down for the evening, taking the plunge into Monterey!