App Sales Thread

Oooh thanks for the heads up on the Affinity Publisher beta! Am an avid photoshop user and have wanted to get into inDesign but could never justify the monthly cost of the full Adobe CC subscription.

Publisher looks like it could be a great solution :slight_smile:

Wow, they are offering the upgrade price to everyone, looks like for two days only. I just got the email from them to upgrade from my copy of Screenflow 7 a few hours ago, but that email did not mention this App store deal. Thanks for pointing this app store deal out – I just jumped on it. I’ve been using Screenflow since 1.0, in fact, I have been working on an editing project all day today (in Screenflow 7, of course). If you need to create screencasts, I highly recommend Screenflow.

1 Like

Thanks for the shoutout! Here’s it’s link on MDM Deals – if any of you want to be a friend and purchase it through that link, I’d be much obliged :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for posting the Screenflow deal! I never would have known.

1 Like

Shameless plug–via link I have above (this one), you can sign up for a custom curation of deals delivered to your email. I’m biased, I know, but its the best way I know of to never miss a deal and ALSO never see a ton of junk alerts that many sites spew out hoping for clicks.

For those who are watching this thread, I’ll link to two other specific sales that popped up on here for Notability (also on sale for iOS) and Keyboard Maestro (technically a coupon rather than a sale, unknown duration of coupon though):

3 Likes

Also note that the Keyboard Maestro discount is also available if you have paid a one-year membership to Tidbits.com.

This page shows all the discounts available with a membership (and includes discounts on Take Control ebooks, Scrivener, Default Folder X, MarsEdit, LaunchBar, Rogue Amoeba software, and a lot more. Highly recommended!)

1 Like

So I don’t quite get how this “unlock bundle” thing works, but Bundle Hunt has a new bundle running, notable apps include:

• Timing (first tier) $3
  • iStat Menus $4
  • Paragon Hard Disk Manager (I don’t know if this adds NTFS drive read/write support or not if someone can fill me in) $4
  • MacGourmet $2
  • Home Inventory $4
  • Paperless (throwback to MPU episode 3) $2
  • ActiveDock $2
  • Swift Publisher $4
  • Soulver $1.50
  • Unclutter ($2.50) & WALTR ($4) (drop zone apps, WALTR apparently has some mobile features too)

Edit: Okay, I’ve listed the price of each one after and figured out how “unlocking” works. You have to add a base of $5 and then you add whatever apps you want on top (so say you wanted Paperless, ActiveDock, and Swift Publisher, that’d be $2+$2+$4+the base of $5, so $13)

Edit2: There’s a bunch of other apps than these. None stuck out to me personally as interesting to MPUsers.

Thanks for this @ehler. Now I’ll have to see how to get up and running with #KeyboardMaestro to make it worth the cost. Any useful links to tutorials, macro “exchanges”, etc, gratefully received :grin: (Any hints @RosemaryOrchard, @katiefloyd or @MacSparky ?)

Haven’t Apple abolished affiliate links?

That doesn’t take effect until October 1st.

Over on the Automators forum, they’ve got a few things tagged for KM specifically. There was a wealth of KM examples that Rose wrote on the old FB group if you can search the archives.

And thank @tonycapp for the KM discount, not me!

2 Likes

Yes, and it is only apps that are being removed form the affiliate program (music, books, movies, TV shows remain). Wrong move, I think, and one that will hurt me at MDM Deals, but the longer I consider it, the more I believe I can continue without it. But will have to get other methods of monetizing down :slightly_smiling_face:

Pagico is on sale.

https://www.pagico.com/store/

Oohhhh I can see the Automators Forum is a lovely and dangerous rabbit hole!!!

I received an email today that PDF Expert is running a back to school sale for 50% off… $40 instead of $80. I’m not sure if you can find this posted somewhere or perhaps sign up for their emails or even call them, but that’s a great sale for anyone that doesn’t already have this app.

What other back to school sales are happening???

Tap Forms (mentioned in the Apps not on PUs radars thread by @Watsona) is 30% off as part of their MacStories sponsorship (Mac, iOS)

Flexibits is having a sale on Fantastical & Cardhop in the Mac App Store and on iOS.

2 Likes

The Readdle back to school bundle is on sale for 50% off in the iTunes app store.

Pixelmator Pro just went on sale for Back To School, for $29.99, normally $59.99.

Read about it this morning on 9to5Mac.com, which notes that it is also an update with more features (listed in the article).

2 Likes