App Sales Thread

Over on the Automators forum, they’ve got a few things tagged for KM specifically. There was a wealth of KM examples that Rose wrote on the old FB group if you can search the archives.

And thank @tonycapp for the KM discount, not me!

2 Likes

Yes, and it is only apps that are being removed form the affiliate program (music, books, movies, TV shows remain). Wrong move, I think, and one that will hurt me at MDM Deals, but the longer I consider it, the more I believe I can continue without it. But will have to get other methods of monetizing down :slightly_smiling_face:

Pagico is on sale.

https://www.pagico.com/store/

Oohhhh I can see the Automators Forum is a lovely and dangerous rabbit hole!!!

I received an email today that PDF Expert is running a back to school sale for 50% off… $40 instead of $80. I’m not sure if you can find this posted somewhere or perhaps sign up for their emails or even call them, but that’s a great sale for anyone that doesn’t already have this app.

What other back to school sales are happening???

Tap Forms (mentioned in the Apps not on PUs radars thread by @Watsona) is 30% off as part of their MacStories sponsorship (Mac, iOS)

Flexibits is having a sale on Fantastical & Cardhop in the Mac App Store and on iOS.

2 Likes

The Readdle back to school bundle is on sale for 50% off in the iTunes app store.

Pixelmator Pro just went on sale for Back To School, for $29.99, normally $59.99.

Read about it this morning on 9to5Mac.com, which notes that it is also an update with more features (listed in the article).

2 Likes

MacPaw is having a sale on the new CleanMyMac X and Gemini 2, 30% off.

It’s worth noting that while they’re advertising CleanMyMac at the 1-year price, there’s a “one-time purchase” option still on their store for CleanMyMac X. It’s a little more than twice as much. They’re unfortunately no longer bundling CleanMyMac and Gemini at a discount.

StackSocial has a Mac app ‘Pay What You Want’ deal, where if you pay more than the average price paid by purchasers you get all ten apps in the bundle. When I bought into the deal this morning it cost $7.54, and right now the price has gone up to $9.93. I went for the deal primarily because I was interested in Art Text 3 (currently $29.99 on the Mac app Stopre), but also to play around with 2Do (currently $49.99 on the MAS). The apps in the deal are:

2 Likes

A number of sales for the MacStories anniversary that include DEVONThink, Hazel, MarsEdit, TextExpander, PDFPen, Screens, SaneBox, Taskpaper, and Ulysses, as well as what I assume are extensions of the sales from Macpaw, Flexibits, Readdle, and others that have recently been mentioned in this thread.

1 Like

Epistory is on sale for a few more hours.
It’s a beautiful game.

Good looking out I just purchased
Happy to have 2do on the mac

1 Like

I think it’d be better to keep the focus on apps on sale that are based around productivity rather than games or apps specific to particular industries/niche use.

I’d be curious to know how you like it. I got a bit intimidated by the potential complexity: although a to-do list entry can simply consist of its title, you can also add notes, recurrence, set a due date, tag a location, schedule an alarm, priority (low, medium, high, starred) and tack on a URL or photo, and you can even make an audio recording with voice notes, with each list sortable by a number of criteria, including priority and due date. For my needs it’s really overkill, and I’m not sure I’m going to be using it.

(But I love Art Text!)

2 Likes

If that was your intention, you might want to rename the thread.

It could also be argued that Typora is a productivity app, as it has increased my productivity with my ergonomic keyboards.

I’d included a note in the OP, but the way Discord renders posts down, I could see how it’d be missed :slight_smile:

It looks like a really neat game, and I know there’s worthwhile discussions of games on here and every now and then on the show as well. Maybe for trying to spread out the love while keeping thread focuses narrow, a separate thread might better contain game sales?

Then maybe replace the word “App” by “Productivity Apps” in the title?

FWIW, I’m happy to read this thread, download what interests me and ignore the rest. I’ve been happily clicking on this thread the last few days thinking there were new sales and this discussion of what should/shouldn’t be included in this thread is a let down. Just post what interests you! The rest of us will sort it out.

2 Likes