App Sales Thread

If that was your intention, you might want to rename the thread.

It could also be argued that Typora is a productivity app, as it has increased my productivity with my ergonomic keyboards.

I’d included a note in the OP, but the way Discord renders posts down, I could see how it’d be missed :slight_smile:

It looks like a really neat game, and I know there’s worthwhile discussions of games on here and every now and then on the show as well. Maybe for trying to spread out the love while keeping thread focuses narrow, a separate thread might better contain game sales?

Then maybe replace the word “App” by “Productivity Apps” in the title?

FWIW, I’m happy to read this thread, download what interests me and ignore the rest. I’ve been happily clicking on this thread the last few days thinking there were new sales and this discussion of what should/shouldn’t be included in this thread is a let down. Just post what interests you! The rest of us will sort it out.

2 Likes

Pop Clip on sale. Mentioned on MPU Utilities show last year. Never been interested myself, but for $2 (reg $10) I figured nothing to lose

4 Likes

This site is linked from the obdev.at (the people that make LaunchBar) website, and offers student / academic discounts on lots of apps. I just bought LB for $20.30!

Where do they link to it?

Edit: It seems to be a collection of standard edu discounts in which purchasers must use a .edu email address domain. Not bad if you’re a student.

In their Sales/Support faq not a page I can link to.

I’ve been using PopClip for several years, it’s great. The only problem is whenever anyone else sees my screen they immediately want to know “what’s that?” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I am really glad you like the site. It is something I’ve been doing for a few months now and we’re getting increasingly great student discounts.

2 Likes

PopClip is awesome. Apple needs to buy it or ‘Sherlock’ it by moving that functionality from iOS to Mac. I tell people about it and they don’t get it, and then they see me use it and finally… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

My only problem with Popclip is I have to many services installed and then I don’t know which symbol belongs to them or they are in the second row of symbols.

1 Like

I had to pare it down to be most effective. I’m mostly using Open-Link, Search, Cut/Copy/Paste, CopyToMarkdown, Ulysses, Yoink, Paste-And-Enter, Timestamp, and ShortMenu. I had a lot more but I ended up forgetting to use them, or, like you, got confused by the plethora of symbols and didn’t use some clips.

1 Like

Ah, PopClip! One of my most used utilities. I always miss it if I have to do something on a Mac that doesn’t have it - or doesn’t have the extra extensions you can download from Pilotmoon’s site.

1 Like

Healthviw for iOS gives a nicer view of your phone/watch Health data. App is usually $1-$3, but is currently free. There’s also some sort of subscription upgrade but I’ve never used it in the 2+ years I’ve had the app installed.

MacStories did a review of it in January 2017:

Anyway, free. Worth a download!

1 Like

Hi @bowline,

This appears to be only a free 14-day trial now, not a freemium app. Shame.

In case anyone didn’t see it, Bundlehunt has a new “Holiday Bundle” of Mac apps.

https://bundlehunt.com

$5 starting price + discounted price of app. iMazing, Screens and Forklift amongst the group to choose from.

Photo Editor Movavi, which usually sells for $14.99-$24.99 in the Mac App Store, is temporarily 99¢.

https://www.movavi.com/mac-photo-editor/

I’ve never used it, but it gets good reviews and for 99¢ I just picked it up.

Pagico is on sale again:
https://www.pagico.com/store/