Apple announces AirPods Max

Do not miss out on Apple Silicon and AirPods Max! Oh, and you cannot forget macOS Big Sur! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, which is why it would make sense for Apple to slowly phase out the Beats brand.

Typical…

1 Like

Price tag aside, these are shockingly pallid-looking. I wasn’t expecting a Ferrari of headphones, but expected a more refined look than what is offered. I’m sure from an audio point of view they will blow the doors off many insert-brand-name-here headphones, but part of the point of purchasing for me is aesthetics.

Sticking with my QC35s for another season I reckon.

Totally agree with the bland design. Ever since I saw the leaked icons I was kind of bummed.
However Apple touts the comfort as a major selling point. If they are indeed very comfortable and can be worn for hours on end, I’ll forgive the bland design.
I bought them in blue. To make them funky. Who knows. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Comfort is a point for me as well, and the QC35 do feel good for a couple hours, so I look forward to hearing your perspective on comfort during long uses.

1 Like

I’m honestly a little disappointed that their tracking tile want what was announced

Once I got past the initial sticker shock ($779 CAD :flushed:)…I ordered the silver ones. I’ve been in the market for some noise-cancelling over-ear headphones for years and am hopeful that the AirPods Max will fit the bill and justify the hefty price tag.

I’ll be happy to share my experiences once they land on my ears. :headphones:

3 Likes

Same! (But space grey) If the sound quality or noise cancellation isn’t up to par then I’ll send them back, but I have high hopes!

2 Likes

would not even consider it.

I tried to get the blue ones, but changed to space grey once I saw I wouldn’t have them until March.

1 Like

I hope that they’ll be announced early next year. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

external-content.duckduckgo.com

AirPods Pro had great sound quality and noise cancellation, so… :wink:

I might attempt to pick up a pair of the blue ones for myself and a pair of the pink ones for my wife.

“AirPods Max” is still a better name than “QC35” or anything like that. People with the name “Maxwell” might disagree though.

I’m not even remotely surprised at how well AirPods Max are selling. It happened with AirPods and AirPods Pro, so it was bound to happen with AirPods Max. It become a household name as soon as the first generation of AirPods were released all the way back in late 2016, which was four years ago now! Time flies!

Meme culture and the internet helped to blow AirPods into stardom. All those memes about how expensive they were ended up turning AirPods into something of a status symbol.

1 Like

That is the only kind I buy!

2 Likes

This is the true HomePod mini. It even comes in a blue color! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

That’s funny!

20 characters…

1 Like

Yeah, it’s crazy how quickly those things have sold! Mine should arrive December 28. I was wondering if I chose the right color but now I guess I won’t change or I’ll get mine in 2022. :laughing:

1 Like

Wow. Silver is still available for the launch window. Space Gray ships by December 31st. Green, Sky Blue, and Pink are all 12-14 weeks.

2 Likes

You made the right choice. It is my favorite color, but green is close too. The colors will go great with the iPad Air 4. Perfect combination!

All the nice colors are practically sold out… :unamused:

Silver is cool and all, but still…

Both of the generic colors are getting left in the dust.

1 Like

Now you’re making me feel bad about my choice (I got the Space Gray). Part of the reason I didn’t get any of the colors is they don’t really seem bold enough. If the ear cups were closer to the blue of the band or the green ones were much darker I probably would have gone for those.

True. I can really hear the difference on my Mackie monitors. My Sony headphones, AirPods, my Sonos speakers however, nope, nothing at all. They all sound muddy compared to the monitors but they’re fine for what I bought them for.

And as you say, the mix and master make a huge difference and today’s tendency to brickwall everything isn’t helping.

3 Likes

Glad I jumped! I have blues coming 12/21.

4 Likes

AirPods Pro have not bad sound quality and very good noise cancellation for earbuds. I really like mine.

1 Like