Apple announces AirPods Max

My ears seem to get hot after an hour of of use. For this reason, I do not have any headphones. Tried the Bose, Sony, beats etc.

Airpods Max seem to be focused on comfort. So I am hoping it’s comfortable for extended use. If its not, its going back just like the others have.

Does anyone else have these problems?

1 Like

800$ here in Norway. I will wait for the cheaper version that comes out next year (I hope:)

I’m not sure how “true” the part of the rumor is about a “Sport edition” coming out any time soon, you might end up waiting longer than you think!

The only issue I’ve had was the AirPods Pro not working for my ears.

I’m hoping the AirPods Max have a slightly larger ear cup than my Bose, as I occasionally need to tuck my earlobes if they get tired of being compressed.

1 Like

Well, “generic” might’ve been too harsh. :sweat_smile:

I’m extremely jealous…

Yup! My ears become hot and uncomfortable if I wear headphones for too long.

Maybe it’ll be released down the line?

I sometimes have to just straight up take off my headphones for a bit altogether.

Also, there are no Apple logos on the AirPods Max.

2 Likes

Nor any other AirPods for that matter.

I hear you on the “usually” on the road. I was 300 days per year until this pandemic :(. I also bought a pair immediately, noise cancelation on planes and road in general is a wonderful place to hide.

1 Like

I’ll post more tomorrow but dinner conversation discussed David Clark headphones (from Worcester, MA) and ear protectors from the mid 1960’s with details of the physcial design done by the WPI Acoustic lab and a suspicion that the patents have run out. A hint

6 Likes

I’m half glad I didn’t check MPU earlier today when I had them in my cart for 12/22. You all would have convinced me to snag them too.

Then again I really don’t need another pair of headphones.

But… My Sennheiser Momentum’s are getting a bit old…

Guess I’ll see what store stock looks like in a couple weeks. I’ve got about 6 stores within an hour of me.

Looks wise, these remind a lot of the Parrot Zik line from 5 years ago or so.

Here it’s converted as $684 but not as outlandish in your country.

However Apple touts the comfort as a major selling point. If they are indeed very comfortable and can be worn for hours on end, I’ll forgive the bland design.

THIS. This has always been a major problem with audiophile quality headphones. Even those $1000 range headphones don’t care about your comfort level. My Grado SR325e sounds divine but I couldn’t wear them for more than two hours before I get a neck spasm. They released a cheaper wireless version with a plastic casing, it looks cheap and doesn’t sound as good as the 325e but they are comfortable compared to their higher-end cans.

It’s a good thing I’m broke and couldn’t afford the Airpod Max.

3 Likes

I am in the “too expensive” camp, but I have never owned high-end headphones as I am in the fortunate position to enjoy music on good speakers if I want to do so. Regarding “too expensive”: too expensive FOR ME that is. :wink:

The headphones seem to sell like hotcakes. Situation in Germany: I never saw an availability before January 8th and as of now, every model will take 12 to 14 weeks until its delivery (with the green one as the exception). Crazy.

4 Likes

I have excellent speakers…but will not haul them to the office. Also in home-office, listening to music while not disturbing your partner is nice.

4 Likes

That is the reason for YOU getting the AirPods Max! Enjoy! :slight_smile:

There is no way in my job to listen to music in the office - and in the home-office those good speakers are waiting for me in combination with doors that can be closed. So, no AirPods Max for me! Yay! :laughing:

3 Likes

No, not ordering headphones without knowing how they sound.

2 Likes

Gotta agree with @zinoff on this. For that price tag, you can get some nice high-end cans.

My analogy for digital music is thinking of it as cotton candy . That first fluffy bite is so delicious and comes with a very distinct texture. You can also rip off a piece and roll it into a little ball before eating it. Same product, both unmistakingly sweet, but widely differing presentations. Music needs space to breathe, just like cotton candy :slight_smile:

That said, I am curious to hear them for myself at an Apple Store, so I won’t write off the product just yet. As I am also using a pair of Bluetooth in-ears daily, I know music can certainly sound great over AAC too.

1 Like

Understandably so, but you think they could’ve fit an Apple logo or two on the AirPods Max.

They look like a pair of giant Apple Watches clamped to your ears, in my opinion. The design is definitely not for me!

Due to the Digital Crown?