Apple One bundle

“this quarter” according to Bloomberg.

Yup. And that’s good news. I’m just impatient! :sunglasses:

Any idea when in the UK? Will be going (Family) Premium on Day One.

My partner and I have separate iCloud accounts. Can Apple One family plan accommodate the two existing iCloud accounts, or would we be forced to merge the iCloud accounts?

You should be able to keep your existing iCloud accounts. Just set up iCloud Family Sharing and associate both accounts with that family.

3 Likes

I’ve come around in my thinking that the Premier bundle might be the right one for me, and will probably jump on board with that today. I use Music, News+, 200GB of iCloud and Apple TV+ (via iPad purchase). Now that TV+ is becoming really good lately, I find that I want to keep the subscription going. Fitness is appealing because working out in gyms is still on my personal no-no list, so getting in yoga workouts with this service could be a great.

1 Like

Still “Coming this Fall” at 8:04 AM California time.

I’ve signed up through the App Store ok, even though the uk site still says coming this autumn

2 Likes

Signed up and canceled my IAP LA Times subscription when I realized that’s included in Apple News+ - another $100 annual savings!

Can confirm @ChrisUpchurch on this … I have a Family Account with 3 AppleID’s associated (myself, spouse, child). Only thing to notice is that the AppleID that is given the role of “organizer” is the one that will be charged for payment; last I checked there was no way to split payment across >1 AppleIDs.

This MacWorld article explains how to subscribe.

Sheesh. Wife’s phone won’t pick up the subscription.

edit: restart seemed to do the trick.

@dfay I think the one thats from News+ is probably curated. Not the exact same thing as you would get from LA times right. Correct me if I am wrong.

Do not manage sharing the iCloud capacity with the iCloud > Subscriptions > Apple One > Manage iCloud Storage Accounts setting on your phone. If you use a different Apple ID for purchases from the Apple ID you use for iCloud storage, then use that setting on the primary account holder’s phone to define which account (the purchases account or the storage account) you want to be used for Apple One’s 2TB of storage.

Then (as @ChrisUpchurch mentioned above) use family sharing to share that Apple One capacity with other family members. Simplest thing is to open iCloud > Manage Storage > Family Sharing to send the invite to other members who have their own iCloud storage accounts.

The scenarios can be confusing and online help is not yet robust, but just remember to manage storage sharing separately from the Apple One set up.

1 Like

With AppleTV+ Fees deferred until Feb and Fitness+ not ready yet, it’s not worth doing Premium yet for me. I’d be tempted by the middle tier in the interim, but we have more than 200gb of storage in use.

All the content seems to be there - it looks more like the website than the app (neither of which has the same lead article as Apple News or each other) but all the content seems to be there.

1 Like

I think you are not alone.
Good news for the subscribers of various Apple services, but it’s not for me.
I only need the iCloud storage for photos and that’s it. To me, it still feels like paying ransom to store and sync my photos, after investing so much on Apple hardware.
I listen to music on Spotify and the others services really have no appeal to me.

When I first read about the rumours on the bundle I imagined an Apple “Prime” , just one (attractive) price with all included, like Amazon.

I am in the same boat. As a Spotify subscriber the current Apple one plans are of no use.

Can I just suggest you listen to the same tracks in Spotify and Apple Music with a good set of headphones? I switched when I realized how much extra compression Spotify seems to put on everything.

Just gone Family Premium. Now to try to drum up some family enthusiasm for TV+. (I doubt anyone else in the family will be interested in Arcade.)