Apple One bundle

No, I mean that as a Frenchman I am naturally cursed, I come as a mummy of some beheaded king of yore. And if y’all don’t pronounce Apple PREMIER with the very outrrrageous accent (cue the Monty Pythons) as it should be, I’m gonna curse you all forever with subpar wines and just meh cheese. :grin:

8 Likes

I pay for iCloud 2TB (£7 a month) and Apple Music (£15) on the family plan plus Apple TV + (£5), and the fitness (£10) looks very interesting, so if I’m still using Fitness at the end of the 3 month trial, it’ll save me money.

I wasn’t even aware you could do this.

Either that, or people try Yoga that wouldn’t have tried it otherwise and after they decide they like it, they sign up with someone more local (after the pandemic)

1 Like

It seems to be working so far. Fingers crossed that it stays that way!

I don’t mean literally but do you think they will make a bundle to loose?

I think we will likely sign up for Premier, although it isn’t as big of a no-brainer for us as it sounds like it is for many of you! We’re dropping other cloud storage, picking (back) up Music, Arcade, and News+, and I am so excited to try out Fitness+.

We will sign up for the Family plan as soon as our free year of tv+ is up. Save a little money (already have music and 200gb iCloud) and will get Arcade for free, which we probably won’t use.

I just cancelled News+ before the announcement, and not interested in fitness videos so Premier isn’t of interest.

Not quite sure what you’re saying here. If you mean that you’re not talking about Apple literally “forcing” people to pay more (per your original comment), then that makes sense - but long-term, I don’t think Apple’s strategy has anything to do with getting people to pay for services they don’t use, “forced” or not.

Services the end-user doesn’t use are subject to cancellation at any time, and don’t result in predictable revenue unless there’s some sort of long-term contract - which Apple doesn’t have.

Apple’s ultimate strategy is to build services that people get curious about, decide they want to try, actually try, and eventually decide are things they don’t want to live without. The extra $3 or so for an extra service or two, financially, is a strong incentive to try (and hopefully like) the extra service - not an incentive to pay money for something that you’re never going to use.

1 Like

I think we’re going to do the Family one. We already have Music and 200GB shared at the family level.

I have all the things, though only 200GB iCloud plan which I’ll need to upgrade anyway - it’ll save me a reasonable amount every month.

I’m already spending $35 per month for Apple Music, 2Tb of iCloud, and News+, so I’m going to save $5 per month plus get Arcade and Fitness+. It’s a great deal for my family of 5.

Thanks, @neonate !
Just pandemic doodling on GoodNotes,

1 Like

It’s now Autumn, where’s my bundle :joy:

1 Like

Premier might get me off DropBox, though I’m in some doubt about that. Otherwise Family probably works out well for me. (It’s also time to get my wife off my account and onto her own - so I think Family will help.)

That’s not any cheaper for me… I have big plans for that two bucks!

Expect the bundle to be available December 20.

So here’s my plan:

• Move to Premier.
  • Move my wife’s kit - phone, watch, MacBook Air off my account onto her account. (Currently that just has her new Pro on.)

We also have 2 HomePods that might react well to two accounts instead of the current one.

Questions:

• If I today have 200GB storage and Apple Music on one (my) account how do I convert to Apple One?
  • If my wife moves her kit to her account within the family will she lose any data? Thinking of photos but also, I suppose, Safari bookmarks. (She’s a minimal user of apps so subscriptions are no issue.)

I’m parading / asking this here as I think this will be a common pattern. (Yes, of course, I want answers so we don’t screw it up.)

Thoughts?

The Apple One bundle launches Friday:

Hurrah!

No Fitness Plus yet, though. :disappointed: