Apple’s new MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and Mac mini with M1 are at their lowest price yet

Apple is just hellbent on making me look at the Mac Mini on my desk with disdain. :cry:

(I will cross-post this to the Black Friday thread, but I thought it deserved its own topic.)

1 Like

Sadly mostly the base models (8GB) with 256GB SSD. Can update to 512 SSD but that’s it.

Guessing that the 16GB versions sold way better than Apple was expecting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the headline. Product out less 3 weeks is at its “lowest price yet” :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Based on the lead times for BTO units w/ 16GB, that’s a pretty good guess.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, lots of Apple sites do that all the time. I think iMore is especially used to that one.

1 Like

So… I’m jonesing for the mac mini. I have a mid-2011 imac that needs replacing. Love the specs of the mac mini but I want to not lose out on the screen real-estate that I have come to enjoy (27"). I saw this well-priced 34" curved monitor. What do you all say to this? Good buy? Any known complications with macOS? Better monitor recommendation?

Edit (forgot to add link):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-34-led-curved-qhd-freesync-monitor-dvi-displayport-hdmi-usb-white-silver/6293719.p?skuId=6293719

It’d probably be worth your time to browse around here for other monitor threads. I think there’s been a few in the last couple of months (e.g., Seeking advice on decision for a second monitor to a MBP). You might also consider starting a thread on the best monitors for an M1 Mac Mini, as I don’t think we’ve had that specific discussion here yet.

What monitor are you referring, to, though?

1 Like

Whoops! I forgot to paste the link. I’ll edit my thread above.
In the help comments a mac user posted favorably…

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-34-led-curved-qhd-freesync-monitor-dvi-displayport-hdmi-usb-white-silver/6293719.p?skuId=6293719

1 Like

It seems reasonably reviewed on RTings, but yeah, I’d start a separate thread for M1 Mac Mini monitor recommendations for better insights!

1 Like

In my case, it is vice versa. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, agree. But the situation is not hopeless. BTO MBP 13" 16GB 1TB SSD ordered 11/10, status “processing” for 17 days. Status just now (11/27) changed to “preparing to ship”. Looks like a good chance it will meet the initial delivery date promise of Dec 3 - 10.

1 Like