Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2020 Deals

Spigen via Amazon has their silicon Watch bands 50% off, just $10

1 Like

Been waiting for this to go on sale. Snagged it, thanks!

I added the Apple Black Friday event to my calendar the other day after seeing an article or something that I wanted to buy.

Today I can’t remember what it was.

Yes, yes, “I guess I didn’t need it that badly” is one way to think about it, but obviously I thought it was important enough to add to my calendar. Just wish I had made a note what I was looking at.

“Tough to get old,” my dad used to say.

4 Likes

Just saw the Macnificent 9 bundle go live affiliate link if you want to thank me or use the non-affiliate link if you like. It’s a steal of a deal if you want any of the apps–any one app for 50% off or the whole bundle for just $59 (list $272). Apps include: Timemator 2, RapidWeaver 8, Unclutter, Default Folder X, One Switch, Unite 3, Daisy Disk, Forklift 3, & Mosaic Pro;

• Unclutter is my personal favorite. Puts a spot for quick notes, clipboard history, and a “holder” spot for files/folders/apps – all one swipe away from your menu bar. Great elegance.
  • Default Folder X is one I’ve heard people swear by, but I just couldn’t grok it in the free trial. But if you’ve been eying it…
  • Daisy Disk is fantastic, though CleanMyMac X has supplanted it for me. But it’s still a top-notch app.
  • Forklift 3 is a beast if you need FTP.
  • One Switch looks really interesting. Anyone use it before?
4 Likes

Default Folder X is a must have. Apple should buy them and implement it into Mac OS by default.

7 Likes

The new Macs are on sale. Sigh!

I created a dedicated thread on the Mac sale, mostly for emotional support, here: Apple’s new MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and Mac mini with M1 are at their lowest price yet

2 Likes

CodeRunner is the app that I use for all of my shell scripting.

I’ve had this app for years and it has been updated regularly. The most recent update is the best so far.

It had great color coding and recently added autocomplete for variables in shell scripts. It was recently updated to version 4, making it a great time to buy, currently 40% off ($15 instead of $25).

3 Likes

1password has a sale courtesy of the verge. New 1Password customers only. $2.50 per month for the first year then $4.99 per month

MacSparky Field guides are $10 off!

2 Likes

How does CodeRunner compare to Visual Studio Code? The obvious differences are CodeRunner is made by an indy developer, always preferred, but VS Code is free, multi-platform and has a ton of extensions.

1 Like

well, for one thing, I have actually used CodeRunner…

:smiley:

4 Likes

Anyone in the US in the market for a Smart Keyboard Folio for iPad Pro 12.9-inch?

2 Likes

CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock for $199.99 at Amazon

2 Likes

Amazing Marvin

Hey there,

I hope you are doing well. 2020 has been a very rough year for many. So we wanted to do something extra special for Black Friday this year (Last year was supposed to be our last Black Friday Marvin deal).

In addition to a discount for the yearly or monthly sub, you can also get a deal on the Marvin lifetime account. :scream:

To claim the 50% discount on the monthly or yearly subscription use the code: BF2020

To get 20% off the lifetime plan ($240) use the code: LIFE2020

The deals are valid until Friday December 4th 2020 (how is it already December??)

If you have any questions about the deal or Marvin in general, just reply to this email. :+1:

Wishing you all the best,

Christina & Mark

Laspira GmbH, Erligatterweg 11, 8038 Zürich, Switzerland

3 Likes

Little Snitch is 30% off

2 Likes

Both iOS and Mac versions of Jump Desktop are half price. I prefer it to Screens for remote desktop access.

3 Likes

Jump is also my preferred Remote Desktop app/service. Screens seems to have connection issues that Jump does not. Having owned both for years, Jump has been my preferred for more than 4 years now.

On sale - excellent value.

4 Likes

30 day trial commenced
Omnifocus imported
New shiny thing. … :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for this! I needed a new editor in retirement, since I was no longer working in a team that was VS Code centered - this is great!

1 Like

Christina has some good videos, and most of the Strategies have short videos built in. It is shiny, and I think it’s a keeper.

2 Likes

You may be right!
I’m on the free trial like I said but at $4/month (billed annually) it’s not a huge hurdle.

2 Likes