Are the forums acting weird for anybody else?

Several times in the past 2-3 days I’ve been unable to access these forums. Getting 500 server errors for extended periods of time. I know 500 errors are pretty much universally server-side, but just checking if I’m the only one.

And obviously I’m not complaining too loudly - these are free forums, and I’m grateful to the people maintaining them. :slight_smile:

I’m just curious since it’s all of a sudden, and since I’ve never seen any problems in the past - all the way back to the launch of these forums. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re not the only one - there are at least 2 of us

5 Likes

I think it’s time for server upgrades.

I’ve also experienced occasional 500 server errors off and on for the past week or so. I usually just take it as a sign to have a short break.

1 Like

Yes, I have sometimes been unable to access the website recently, having to try several times before the problem eventually seems to be fixed. It’s a wonderful Forum though!

1 Like

I’ve seen it too.
Has happened a few times over the last week or so.

I;ve seen it before, but not on this scale.

Same for frequency and duration! Not normal.

Same here. also more frequently over the last 2 weeks

+1

I’ve been using isitup to check if it’s me.
https://isitup.org/talk.macpowerusers.com

1 Like

Yes, I too have had the problem.

Yeah, same. It has happened twice now around the same time.

If the forum software was being updated, this likely would’ve only happened once. :thinking:

I’ve seen it perhaps 20 times. This weekend had the most extended outage.

Second @webwalrus that I’m not complaining! I have a couple apps that really need moved to a new home and don’t have a revenue component; it’s a pain…

We’re looking into it.

13 Likes

That only tells you that things are down though. Fixing it is a whole other can of worms. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup. Can’t get in. It seems to be happening on weekends. Too many people trying to get in?

+1 . I thought it was just me having issues. Good that the admins have noticed it and working on it. Thanks.

1 Like

Someone’s running the forum on the macOS beta :grin:

4 Likes

Not the only one, all sorts of oddness lately.

And it happened again!

1 Like