Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2021 - Share your findings

Here: November 2021 Hardware/Software Sales and Deals - #21 by Larry_Wilson

1 Like

Check here: November 2021 Hardware/Software Sales and Deals - #42 by Aschen

Using the code on github setapp is around 42 dollars for a year, hope it’s not too good to be true

1 Like

Now through November 30, Readle is advertising 50% off the first year subscription on PDF Expert for iOS and iPad. Also 50% discount on the one-time license for PDF Expert for macOS.

15 key Elgato stream deck door $99
Amazon.com

2 Likes

thanks but I cannot work out how to get this discount. I downloaded and used this in the 2-week trial. Should I cancel the current subscription (which I do not have to pay until the trial period ends) in the app store and start a new one again?

1 Like

Ableton has a 25% off sale - https://www.ableton.com

1 Like

I’m not sure. Best to check with the developer on this one.

What’s you damage so far? Mine is small:

• iStat Menu 6 for $3
  • Macrium Reflect (Windows backup software) for $35
  • Games - The Elder Scroll Online Blackwood for $14

I am still thinking whether I want to buy PDF Expert for $40

I have to say, others definitely report positive experiences - but when I demo’d PDFExpert last Spring (Mac Mini 2018, Big Sur) it mangled two very important documents I was working on. At least two separate requests to their support people for help figuring out what was going on were met with the sound of silence. They kept sending me the emails in their autoresponder sales sequence talking about how they were “happy to help” if I had questions, but I never heard anything back.

Thanks for your input. I will keep that in mind. A paid software that does not have responsive dev is a concern. I worked with a lot of scanned contracts and I need to highlight certain paragraphs. I trial-ed PDF Expert and it’s highlight features, much like Preview’s highlight, only works with PDFs which are, I am not sure how to say it, Word documents converted to PDF. If it is a scanned document, the highlight button does not work. I have to use a “rectangle box” and change it’s opacity to make it work. If that is the case, Preview does this as well at $0 cost. Maybe I will still stay with Preview.

Abbyy FineReader for Mac (arguably the best OCR for Mac) is 60% off - Deal of the year: 60% off FineReader PDF and includes 1 year of finereader for mobile

DEVONthink 25% off - DEVONtechnologies | Black Friday Weekend

2 Likes

I was supposed to shop for apps but blew my budget on books and vinyl. Oh well, I probably don’t need them yet.

4 Likes

Not a long list here too:

• Typinator
  • TextSwap 9
1 Like

50% off on Secrets password manager. Both in Mac and iOS App Store

5 Likes

30% off on (regular & lifetime) BetterTouchTool licenses:

https://folivora.ai/blog/post/13022

I have a roundup of deals I’ve found on my site MDM Deals. Not comprehensive as I’ve done in years past, but the cream of the crop deals listed there

4 Likes

Apologies if it’s already been mentioned, but my favorite color picker is 50% off:

For anybody that doesn’t have SetApp, or is intentionally moving away from it, that’s a good deal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Adobe Creative Cloud is 40% off for the first year, offer ends today:

I’m starting a new website/blog where I’ll at least want Photoshop, and with the discount the bundle isn’t much different than the cost for the Photoshop only subscription. Any thoughts on this suite, and is there anything in SetApp that is useful for making graphics/editing images for the web?

If you’re buying graphics software to make graphics for yourself, and interaction with other pro designers that require you to share PSD source files isn’t something you’re planning on doing, IMHO you really don’t want Creative Suite.

Go to Affinity - Affinity – Professional Creative Software - and grab both of their graphics apps for a one-time fee. And if you do document publishing (or plan to), grab the third app too. $100 or so for everything. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi quorm,

Does the Curio coupon have a definite expiration date? This is the first time I heard of Curio, and I’m currently trialing it. If the coupon will be valid for a while, I’d love to get a clearer idea of Curio before purchasing it.