Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2022 Deals

Take Control’s version was just updated with the latest changes to Photos this week so it’s probably the most up to date.

Niche apps, but if you develop websites on your local machine, MAMP PRO and NAMO are 40% off. IIRC it’s also their steepest Black Friday discount since 2019.

4 Likes

That’s the nature of the web. I don’t think the product is designed with that use case in mind. However, you can subscribe to lists directly from the product and block adware/etc. transparently.

Big Sale!

Libre Office is 100% off:

Gimp image editor (same purpose as photoshop) is also 100% off:

Inkscape, a vector graphics program (same purpose as Illustrator)? Also 100% off:

OpenShot video editing software is 100% off:

OBS (open broadcaster software) is 100% off:

If you have an old Mac lying around, you can breathe new life into it. I suggest Pop!_OS now 100% off:

Perhaps a bit more technical, Fedora is also 100% off:

Order before midnight! Void where prohibited! Valid in 49 states, sorry Tennessee!

Inspired by this toot on Mastodon.social :

15 Likes

It is looking interesting, but I don’t trust the CEO of them, and if you have a look at there address with Street Map, this also looks not much like the “Silicon Valley Sprite”…

1 Like

There was a separate thread about it, but didn’t see it mentioned here. Craft is 50% off for all plans until Monday. Craft Pricing Plans

20% off TypeMatrix keyboards (except Bepo).
http://www.typematrix.com/shop/

Well crap. Now I have to find another browser.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the issue, can you enlighten me?

No issue whatsoever. A guy named Brendan Eich created JavaScript—the most popular programming language in the world. He also co-founded Mozilla. He is now the CEO of Brave. A bunch of tribal sheep don’t like his politics. Specifically, that he donated a grand to an anti gay marriage campaign in California. So they are conflating his personal opinions with his professional dependability and track record.

4 Likes

Keychron is also having a sale.

1 Like

I don’t know what the good Dr’s issue might be, but I gave up on Brave when they started pushing cryptocurrencies.

6 Likes

Frankly, that would be enough for me to avoid Brave.

7 Likes

:open_book: Integrating SwiftUI into UIKit Apps 30% off until 1 December.

This book is written by Natalia Panferova a former a software engineer on the SwiftUI team at apple.

The book is aimed at people with a general understanding of UIKit, however does not require SwiftUI knowledge it includes an entire chapter covering the principles of SwiftUI in addition to 5 other chapters going over the different ways you can gradually adopt SwiftUI within your existing UiKit projects.

I also do not like my browser hijacking the URLs. Not really sure if I would trust such an application.

6 Likes

Postbox, an email client based on Thunderbird, is on sale for $39, perpetual license.

Also SpamSieve, looks like $30-25%, or $22.50. SpamSieve works with several clients, including Apple Mail (Not directly with Postbox).

thanks, fortunately I have a lifetime license for Postbox when I was using it for Windows. Did not know it has a Mac version now

As for SpamSieve, I still do not know whether it is worth the trouble to install it. Cost is not my consideration here

Looking for a deal on a great, non-subscription CRM option with Mac and iOS versions (separate purchase)?
Contacts Journal
*** Black Friday Sale: 40% Off This Weekend ***
$29.99

Here’s a post I wrote on it

1 Like

I’m just drowning in a sea of political spam now. I’ve have a license for a few years, but stopped using it when Mailmate wouldn’t work with my Uni. Trying it again now. Bought Postbox thinking it would plug right in, but you have to run Apple Mail in the background. Jumped the gun on that one. C’est la vie.

Now that’s a surprise, an email service that Mailmate would not support! I guess there is a IT horror story behind all of that.