Cable management suggestions?

I just ordered a sleek new minimalistic M1 iMac and I’m going to use this opportunity to clean up a disaster of a desk. What are the best cable management products out there that could help clean up a rats nest of computer accessories? (router, cable modem, network switches, etc)

Any tips appreciated!

2 Likes

I have a data cabinet in my basement for any equipment that doesn’t need a direct attachment. Cable modem, Eero, switch, Mini server plus drives all out of the way.

On my desk I have a bunch of self stick cable ties to keep cables out of the way.

1 Like

Welcome!

Here are a couple of posts that might help.

2 Likes

I believe it was Katie who suggested an IKEA tray that can be attached under the desk and hold power supplies and a power strip: SIGNUM Cable management, horizontal, silver color - IKEA

Obviously, a wireless keyboard, mouse and / or trackpad are helpful but they need to be charged up.

My under-desk keyboard drawer also contains an Anker USB power supply for - iOS devices, airpods, cordless headphones, Logi mouse and keyboard.

My LG monitor is now the connection point for the wired HK soundsticks, so that’s a major cable nuiscance solved.

I’m a big fan of this product for cable management. I’ve found uses for it in just about every part of my home, not just desk setups. I use it for the TV and media area, my ethernet cable management, and even on my nighstand to keep the cable for the baby monitor handy and easy to get to.

Thanks all! I ended up using a bunch of cable raceways, Velcro, and cable clips to hide as much as possible in the underside of the desk. I even stuck two power strips under there…it’s super neat now!

I have started to label every cable on both sides.
It is a lot easier this way for me to keep an overlook over my cable-mess…

3 Likes