Can you help me punish apple?

Edited to clarify I wasn’t suggesting annoying the employees, just taking full advantage of support.

Also I really think it’s just a fun thread, not intended to be a serious plan to devalue Apple.

1 Like

On the lighted hearted side of things …

I’m clearly doing it wrong.
Yesterday I handed Apple AUD3875 of my hard earned cash! :astonished:
iPhone 14 Pro + Case
iPhone 14 + Case
AirPods Pro 2

:wink:

1 Like

Which flavor of iPhone 14 Pro? Lots of storage, I’m assuming?

Black iPhone 14 Pro, 256Gb storage.
I have been wanting to lower my tech spending but from a value POV (Apple-wise at least), my iPhone XS 64GB cost $1679, the 14 Pro with all its improvements and storage is only $220 more. Seemed like a fair deal.:man_shrugging:

Ah…I see where my confusion came from. I was reading your number as USD, not AUD. It seemed rather high to me.

Personally, I’m waiting for the 15 as that’s at least rumored to be the first of the USB-C iPhones. I figure that gives me a logical upgrade point, as it will also simplify my travel cable setup. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is already in Force within the EU!

I’m curious which EU law enacted this.

1 Like

You might be interested in OCLP to get more recent versions of macOS on your hardware.

I have no idea, but you could find the regulation within Section 312k of the German Civil Code.
There were a bunch of EU-Regulations that where amended or new created within that time frame regarding the Rights of the Customer, so I did not checked which one has that included.
In Germany it is referred to as “Kündigungsbutton” (Cancelationbutton).

Is this what you were talking about?

1 Like

It sucks that you had this experience and it’s unlucky but always a risk when you buy any machine that’s been on sale for a number of years. Off the top of my head, Macs get 5-7 years of software and OS updates but there are always outliers.

The alternative is Windows, though. It was quite easy, a year after the release of Windows 11 to buy a Windows computer from a major vendor that was not supported by/upgradable to Windows 11. So while your experience may have left a bad taste, the grass is not always greener.

1 Like

The key difference, I understand, is that Apple have said they are not going to backport all security fixes from Ventura to Monterey. Windows 10 is fully supported until 2025.

That’s interesting, but Big Sur and Monterey are still both receiving security updates currently. most recently of course last Monday.

Some, but not all.

Note: Because of dependency on architecture and system changes to any current version of Apple operating systems (for example, macOS 13, iOS 16 and so on), not all known security issues are addressed in previous versions (for example, macOS 12, iOS 15 and so on).

In fairness, I would imagine that a major threat would get Apple’s attention.

Source, Apple: About software updates for Apple devices – Apple Support (UK)

1 Like