Compare Safari Ventura with Chromium-based browsers

So, you mean that you are just want to provoke a little bit, but after all, what you wrote is not your own position, at least not, if someone proofs you wrong? :thinking:

screen-shot-1 :grinning:

I love my Apple hardware but have little use for Apple’s software and services. I use but don’t rely on Reminders and Notes. I’ve never used Obsidian, didn’t find Notion that useful, and am a heavy user of Google Workspace.

I get bored easily so I enjoy “looking over the wall” to see what the world is doing. If the discussions here are to be limited to just those items found in Apple’s garden, I guess I haven’t much left to contribute.

2 Likes

Yeah, you are not going to get me with that kind of answer!
You could use what ever you want, even if I personally do not understand why someone is paying Apple-Prices for Hardware, that he could get (maybe beside the M-Class) for far less from other companies, if he do not want to use the advantages of the Apple OS’s and the “Apple Ecosystem”, but this is the personal decision of everybody.

But I do not understand, why someone is making statements about thinks, and if others are proving him/her wrong, he/she is moving back by “declaring” them as "just posing some “what if " questions”.
Either someone has an opinion in a discussion (and there is nothing wrong to change that during a discussion!), then we have a base to discuss that, or someone just want to provoke others (some people would even use the T-Word on that!) with statements he/she do not believe in, which makes any discussion on a forum completely worthless.

Google has done done really stupid things to Chromium including adding telemetry and tracking. They’ve also done something’s in the name of security that wasn’t about security. Google is currently doing the same thing to the Go compiler and there’s a huge fit over that, too.

At the end of the day remember that both Safari/WebKit and Chrome/Chromium/Blink owe their success to the original KHTML developers that created a pretty good open source C++ rendering engine.

2 Likes

@ibuys nope… same setup as with Chrome. That being said, now that Rhianna is gone from the front page, it does seem to be loading better…
@Ulli Nope… see above. Mac is running fine…

The only time I absolutely have to use Safari is when I get a new Mac and use it to download Firefox. Thereafter Safari goes unused.

Since I first posted this, I took the time to learn Arc. Its limitations on iOS and its nonexistence on iPadOS are frustrating, but I love the MacOS browser. I’m going to stay with it and hope that it gets the ability to run efficiently on iOS devices. I was using either Brave or Edge for iOS, so I’ll stay with them for now.

1 Like

Agree completely. I originally hated Arc; now I love it. They still have a lot of work to do (including bug squashing), but overall it brings a ton of interesting and useful features.