Dear Lord, As I Walk Through The Valley

QuickPath only works on iPadOS when you’re using the small floating keyboard, not the full size keyboard. Basically, it’s a “iPhone size keyboard” only feature.

2 Likes

Ah, didn’t know. Thanks for that. Not happy about that odd choice of Apple’s, but thanks for the info.

Updated at 4:30 am this morning (Australian time), and immediately started using the mouse accessibility option (as soon as the update finished). So good for using iPad ergonomically!!!

1 Like

I bought a brand new iPad Air a month ago and it’s STILL not finished backing up! It only backs up at 2am when I’m usually up. But I’ve let it back up at that time, and then some.

I called AppleCare about four times. No one even mentioned that OS13 was not coming out until the 24th. iOS was earlier. I just happened upon the information on the Apple site.

I want the new OS! (Fortunately, I should be able to get it on my iPad mini.)

Any ideas?

AFC, I didn’t realize it was buggy! Thanks!

1 Like

I’m traveling today and for the next few days as well, but I’m enticed by iPadOS’s better Safari. It will actually come in handy if I need to do work while I’m on the road, as the native apps for Airtable and Google Docs are pretty crummy.

1 Like

I upgraded my iPad Air 2 to iPadOS and it has essentially bricked it. The good news is that I don’t use the iPad for anything but consumption so it’s not causing me pain except that I now don’t have an iPad to use for consumption!

A lot of apps crash after a few seconds of trying to start. Airmail was the first one I noticed but then I went to Safari. It now has issues connecting to my wifi.

I don’t have time to mess with it too much in the near future so I’ll just hope that an update comes out sooner than later that fixes my issues.

I rather enjoyed the Van Halen reference in the first post myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

I managed to connect to an SMB server at work without any issue.

I can connect to my Synology with no issues. What type of server are you connecting to, and what protocol does it use?

Small irritant in the Watch OS 6.0 update – the watch face that I use is now monochrome. So I set up a new one on my phone, and it too became monochrome after a beat.

I think you are so much better off with 13.1. If the iPhone had been delayed … this would have been 13.0. Also, SHORTCUTS AUTOMATION TRIGGERS!

3 Likes

I shall see when I install it. However so far I’ve been updating iOS versions as they’ve been released. Not feeling so much confidence with this one though :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Same here… really want to test safari (gdocs & Grammarly!!) … the weekend is nearly there :rofl:

I run a Plex server on an Nvidia Shield (Android TV). The share is standard smb protocol: smb://192.168.x.x

I have no problem connecting to it from my Mac or from my iPad using the FileBrowser for Business app, but not Files.

Maybe 13.2 will fix it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done.

Enjoying swipe keyboard much more than I’d thought I would :rofl: and dark screen is really nice!

Let’s keep exploring!

2 Likes

Game Center has been borked for me on iOS 13 so far. Whenever I try playing a game, the overall device sound dies within about 30 seconds and only a device reboot will bring it back. Upgrading yesterday to iOS 13.1.1 didn’t fix it — nor was there anything in the changelog that indicated it would, I should note in fairness. Anyone else seeing this?

BTW, I have not yet tried Apple Arcade and, until this is resolved, would just as soon not on the chance that this bug exists there as well.

Does that happen with any non-alarm audio that can’t doesn’t appear in control center audio, or does it only happen if GameCenter is being used by the app?

On 13.1.1 Does everyone’s today widget automatically display?

I just started noticing that only the Weather pops up first, but then minute I touch the screen or go near the widget area, the rest display. This happens at random.

1 Like

I have the Today’s Widget locked on the screen, and so far, it is working well. I have the weather, Drafts, and Shortcuts in it.