DevonThink To Go 2.7.8 Released

Released today in the app store

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/devonthink-to-go/id395722470

This is (one of) the last maintenance update(s) for DEVONthink To Go 2. It prepares the data store for version 3.0, which has been in the works for a while and will become available as a separate app in the App Store in due course. A welcome screen will inform you about the arrival of DEVONthink To Go 3.0. The update to 2.7.8 also brings those bug fixes over from version 3 that don’t depend on larger changes to the database or app structure, or would make the app incompatible to iOS 11 and 12. And finally, we’ve updated the PDF library and MultiMarkdown support as well as brought the sync submodule on part with DEVONthink 3.6 for Mac and the upcoming DEVONthink To Go 3.0.

DTTG 3.0 will be a separate app. To me, that implies a move to subscription model. I wonder how they’ll keep parity and/or support for DTTG 2.x?

1 Like

There’s another thread about this already, and I’ve just posted an update which quotes from the DevonTech blog.

You can find the MPU thread here.

Cool. This was meant more for the release and and not to take away from the subscription discussion. Happy to close this topic if mods prefer.

Bits are free, so I’m fine with whatever, just wanted to make sure that anyone who came here would also be able to find the other thread too.

1 Like