Devonthink to go 3

I was so happy to see ABBYY start downloading to my M1 after updating to 3.6.2! Works just like on Intel so far. I was hoping that would happen when I saw OCR would be coming to DTTG 3.

Unfortunately itā€™s happening again for me. Earlier today when you said itā€™s fixed, it worked properly once but that didnā€™t last.
https://streamable.com/sc4jgo

whoops, that explains. I just know thereā€™s context menu on Trash for Empty Trash. Knowing about that, I also tried Empty Trash from context menu on Tiled View of the Database. That one is even worse: no popup at all!

Back to the topic, what I meant is this:

Hey @anon85228692 one of the DTTG3 devs replied when I pointed out the issue with TextExpander on DTTG3, and he said that they were overhauling the editor soon and would fix it with another update. I responded with my usual, ā€œcan we get fill-in snippet support?ā€ pleading. I included a link to it just in case they were unaware. he thanked me for the link so at least itā€™s on their radar now. fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Ooooh that would be great. Thanks for doing so! :+1:
And an editor overhaul is amazing news. Fingers crossed for rich text!

1 Like

his exact words were ā€œAs we plan to completely replace the RTF editorā€ā€¦

1 Like

MD works everywhere. RTF cannot be edited natively on iOS (which is why it has never worked well on DT). Iā€™d say stick to MD.

3 Likes

The one big advantage RTF has on DEVONThink is that youc an clip a webpage to RTF clutter removed in DT and get a really nice clean copy with all the included pictures/graphs etc. Canā€™t do that if you clip to or take notes in markdown.

2 Likes

Iā€™d personally stick with Markdown if youā€™re good with it. I have no need for rich text except in a support capacity so I use Markdown most of the time.

2 Likes

Be aware that thereā€™s currently an issue causing non-reversible database corruptions. Thereā€™s been a hot fix in 3.0.2 trying to address the problem but the devs are not sure of the root cause yet. A lot of discussion can be found in the official forum.

3 Likes

That sounds bad! I think Iā€™ll backup and also make an extra copy before something bad happens!

Provided you didnā€™t delete V2, from what I was reading. It seems to rely on using the V2 sync store ā€¦ ?

Of my 300ish PDFs from 6000ish items, only 1 corrupted for me. Lucky me the one affected was a book from non-DRM store. I deleted that item, redownload and put the new one back, then continue using DTTG3 (v2 already uninstalled).

I had to go and check and I have 218 lost files in all formats. Working now how to recover. It does appear as if some may have been corrupted before 3 was installed and I never knew it.

I had 8 corrupted out of maybe 2000 items. But then I installed DTTG v3.0.3 and it was able to reconnect them all.

Sadly that did nothelp with mine at all.

No not at all. My missing files were in PNG, RTF, PDF, TXT, Ebook, and MD file types.