Does anyone use ScanSnap Home software?

I’m using Exact Scan Pro with my trusty ScanSnap S1500M. It’s worked like a charm under Mojave and now Catalina. Far better than the Fujitsu s/w, lots of profiles, some I’ve setup to do OCR, others not. I love it - great tech support when I had a few questions when I started.

But I would never buy another Fujitsu scanner due to the way they treat their customers.

6 Likes

I have my device connected to dropbox. IX500. Of course everything scans to a particular folder. I know I don’t have anything going on after that but I never load the software. It just shows up in dropbox folder and I apply what I want.

I’ve been having ScanSnap Home problems; scanning to a network mount point would fail, and I couldn’t get changing the destination to stick.

I tried redownloading the software for a reinstall, but the installer told me no need, your software is already installed.

For awhile I used the phone version for scans, not looking forward to an afternoon of troubleshooting or uninstalling to reinstall. Your simple steps unstuck my scanner, thank you.

1 Like

Does Exact Scan Pro have a Searchable PDF Converter? When I switched to ScanSnap Home it disable that app.

I do not know about that but just in case, if you are not aware of Fujitsu’s revival of ScanSnap Manager (at least for now):

1 Like

I noticed that. That site says that it Scansnap Manager is compatible with Catalina, but the installer crashes every time I run it. Scansnap Home works fine, though.

That is weird. I did not have any issues several weeks ago, when I installed it on my Mac Mini (Catalina). And if is still running fine today under Big Sur.

Scansnap Manager V7 L30 runs well on my 2020 27" iMac under macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

The link to that version of Scansnap Manager is:
https://scansnap.fujitsu.com/global/dl/setup/m-inst2-v7.html

Buried in the installation instructions was a comment that any older version of Scansnap Manager should be uninstalled prior to installation of the new version. I don’t know if the same would apply to uninstalling Scansnap Home, but if you have installed Scansnap Home that would probably be a good idea.

You might try uninstalling older versions of Scansnap Manager that might be present and your current installation of Scansnap manager, re-booting the computer, then installing Scansnap Manager V7 L30 obtained from the link above. That procedure worked well for me.

2 Likes

Thanks!!! that worked for me.

Important Notice from Scansnap
12 June 2024

We will end the provision of the popular ScanSnap Manager service and related support in October 2024.

We have already stopped adding new functions to ScanSnap Manager. In its place, the fully updated software ScanSnap Home is now available.

If you are still using ScanSnap Manager, please move over to ScanSnap Home by October 31, 2024.

4 Likes

I created an account just to say this 10000%

I don’t care if it was only requiring 0.0001KB of ram. I do not wish to be forced to take extra steps to completely close your software and then still not know for 100% certainty if I actually did stop all related processes from running. Why is there no easy way to close this ScanSnap software from the provided UI??? It was frustrating enough that, after originally installing the ScanSnap software, I had to disable SIX different PC startup applications that were all under some kind of ScanSnap name. What the hell are the other five for???

I can’t help but think there must be SOME reason these kind of issues persist. And if what another person in this thread says is true, that after calls to their customer service and being told this would be “fixed” in updates and it has yet to be… there MUST be some reason that this flaw is still here years later as I am writing this in 2024.

Let me close your software without jumping through hoops. This is bad design.