Revisiting the neverending discussion, what’s everyone’s favorite email client these days?
My personal journey with dedicated apps (I also use Gmail web clients occasionally) is the following (in chronological order):
- Airmail: back then, I liked the first power-user take on email, but the app became bloated with the size of my mailboxes and suffered bugs and slowness
- Spark: it bundled the best assortment of extra-features for a non-native experience at a reasonable cost
- Apple Mail: it got better in Big Sur. I love how it integrates with apps such as Houdahspot, Devonthink, and the experience is lightning-fast on my M1 mac. … Search is still subpar for Gmail, and the keyboard experience could be better. I may return to it as a client of choice, aiming to circumvent the limitations with a set of Bettertouchtool / keyboard maestro artisanal enhancements.
- Mailplane: Just a fancy wrapper around Gmail web-interface, not convinced by the value
- Superhuman: I loved the assortment of keyboard controls, natural language parsing, and overall swiftness of the interface but cannot for the life of me justify paying $30 a month for email. Furthermore, compared to something like Spark, it lacks a lot of features such as 3rd party integrations, the ability to share links to conversations, etc…
I am curious to find out about your experiences and potentially discover something I may have missed?