Evernote..Anyone Still Using It?

I find them Evernote to be pretty responsive on their forums, but to be fair, I’m active I their preview forum, so that’s probably why. I know they are putting a lot of work into their new rewrite of code and it’s looking pretty great so far. I think this is definitely a case of really big work going on that’s not always super exciting.

Yes it appears that Evernote was created on multiple platforms with different structures and this is a monumental task to unify while not affecting the large user base.

Apparently, this will allow feature expansion in the future but that probably will be 1>2 years from now.

In the meantime, there is Roam Research and Obsidian that are trending. I see a market for both and never thought of Evernote to be a knowledge management system but more of a repository.

@Jeremy would you happen to know if additional export functionality are on the Roadmap at Evernote?

Besides Twitter does Evernote have a user Forum?

1 Like

I’m considering going back to Evernote as a sort of filing cabinet for stuff I might need later.

I have been using keep it for the past year but I just prefer Evernote. I’m contemplating trying out DevonThink but Evernote just works for me

They do have a user form at dicsussion.evernote.com

Someone has raised the issue of exporting via PDF for sharing for those who are not hip to the Evernote lifestyle. It was said that it is on their roadmap.

2 Likes

How long have we been hearing that?

2 Likes

Long have we been hearing that How

1 Like

One thing I still pay for EN is the access to my Evernote data on windows pc. I find that option occasionally useful for pulling up old notes or scans on my wife’s desktop windows PC. Yes we still have those around :grin:. I don’t use web capture, but I still can’t find anything that works well for things like my scanner pro shortcuts like Evernote does. Plus I have a large database of notes and moving that to something else is a project I don’t look forward to.

That’s the frustrating thing about EN. Depending on how you use it, there are no really great alternatives. But should it cost more than Microsoft 365? Nope.

2 Likes

Tell me more about this deal. How?

2 Likes

Really good tip @WayneG. Many thanks.

1 Like

Looking here gives you some ideas as to whats happening

@Dave_Palmer Really? What would that be? Can you describe one new feature? How about any change in UX?

The truth is EN grew too fast due to its freeium model and now in damage control mode trying to unify multiple code bases.

Having read the many complaints in their Twitter account, I see no one complaining about performance speed with most being non-functionality.

The poor bastards in Customer Service would probably prefer going to the dentist for a root canal than responding to their customer’s issues.

Especially since the evasiveness of what is happening is keeping them in the dark as well.

I asked about the roadmap about and upcoming export features and got this nice response.

So it seems that their hands are tied and hope is the only strategy that they can convey.

Meanwhile, there are so many other companies that are having transparent communication. They communicate what the future roadmap is, what features will be improved etc…

So EN has been delegate the functionality of a filing cabinet and web clipper. Also still using Skitch but since this has been axed on all platforms except the Mac, I am expecting this to possibly get axed in the future.

In reading all the issues their users are experiencing the company is still in damage control mode and trying to prevent their users from abandoning ship.

Well I hope for the best for Evernote but I think things will get worse before they get better.

In the meantime, I have a couple of appointments to participate in user groups of software apps companies who open-minded to change to a collaborative environment and looking to pivot their app either to sustainability or growth.

While the hardware is plateauing on the technical innovation curve, times have never been better on the software side.

In such exciting times, I feel like I am driving a Telsa passing the elephant on the road and being in Thailand for a few months I have actually passed elephants on the road but not in a Tesla.

There’s a huge design change. It’s just entered the beta cycle. Have you visited the forums? They have customer service there. They aren’t very active on social media.

Yes @Jeremy I visited it from your previous suggestion. From my understanding the major change is a complete re-write in the back-end in order to get all platforms on the same code base.

This is a huge project that will have a lot of revisions to even get it up to the current operational level present today of which most of the customer base will not understand.

I think this points to the problem of being beholden to investors/shareholders, the addition to growth at all costs, so in EN’s case they had separate development platoforms probably with experts of each and did not look at the long-term roadmap of support and platform functionality growth.

I would use this time to mandate a subscription model of the expense of loosing a major portion of freeloaders because these freeloaders are going to be very vocal in the new releases with any issues that develop.

I would collaborate with these pioneer users and actually create a special Elite team of 1000 of which I would have this elite team drive feature set and beta testing.

Like I said before, this is Evernote’s area to lose as they were so fast in capturing a large customer base and this is one area that still ripe for innovation and growth.

One thing for sure, it is an interesting area to watch. I am looking forward to see what they release in the coming months.

Holy Elephant! Where has this Evernote clone being hiding?

I cannot believe it searching up search has not uncovered this Note app software that has been available since 2010 and my home state as well Ohio.

My recommendation is to fire their PR people.

I seen this in the latest of Keep Productive’s Review

YouTube Keep Productive Nimbus

I find Francisco’s review always coming up short like he is on some type of time limit. Francisco buddy YouTube ranks you by watch time!

Evernote what comparision.

Francisco Export what is the Export?

Well

I dug deeper

Export Yes (PDF & HTML)

Francisco did you mention TAGS No you did not Yes Numbus Has Tags

What about the Web Clipper? Well have both Web Clipper and screen capture that capture entire web page.

Addition of Spaces meaning you can separate in a separate Space like Business and Personnel. Wow!

Francisco Now lastly what about folder levels?

Evernote limited to 2 levels One folder and One subfolder. Well I do not know Nimbus limit I quit after 4 levels.

Platforms. Nimbus has them all

Sample screen shot will have you seeing White Elephants as it looks exactly like Evernote see>

Well The Keep Productive review spends 10 minutes on a pricing comparison.

Addition of Task options and many others.

How do you eat a elephant?

One bite at a time.

I am all in!

Although not to fond of the name Nimbus akin to Nimbisle & Numskull. Nimbus time to get out of Ohio and get some good PR and marketing in New York, San Fransico or Los Angeles.

Check it out here
Nimbus

3 Likes

Certainly looks interesting, but no iPad app? :frowning:

This looks awesome! Just what I have been looking for.

As you say, where has this been hiding??

Thank you very much!! Bye bye weekend…

1 Like

Hi jsamlarose

We’ launched a fully new the iPad version a week ago. Please share your thoughts.

1 Like

Wow,

Thanks for the kind review. We just launched our marketing campaign. Due to high standards of Note-taking tools we were concentrated on building product. So, we’re ready to go.

I highly recommend checking the Guide section on our website. You will be surprised how many things uncovered yet :slight_smile:

Thank you for your support

1 Like

Will you be creating a web clipper for safari?