Feeling Vindicated!

At about an hour into the podcast, the guest suggested the merits of working within Apple’s ecosystem default apps as much as possible, including high praise for Apple Notes and Pages.

At least I’m not alone and completely crazy! At least, that is my story and I’m sticking to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Been this way for years. Left Evernote, OmniFocus, and other various to-do apps behind.

The only app that lingers that intersects Apple native apps is GoodNotes. You’ll have to pry that one from my hands… :smile:

Currently sitting at 4,215 Apple Notes.

Haven’t missed the 3rd party life.

3 Likes

Feeling more and more vindicated. :rofl:

All depends on your needs, For most people default apps are good enough but in some cases you need more and people spend extra for that.
Also most apps can do most things but we want something which feels nicer to use. That’s also a valid case.

1 Like

I agree on all counts. But, at least I’m not crazy. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ll add, that this may be the only remaining dilemma that I am struggling with. I do not like subscriptions, therefore, I switched from MindNode to iThoughts for mind mapping. IThoughts is not pleasant to use, though it does have more features. MindNode is much more pleasant to use, but I really hate to pay an annual subscription for an app.

I’m almost back into the Apple ecosystem with native apps as well. I left Evernote, OneNote, Dropbox, and Fantastical all in the last year. With the latest beta, I’m trying Apple Podcasts again. The only 3rd party app I use frequently is Matter and I would love for Apple to improve Safari Reading list but I’m not holding my breath. I am a weird duck and use both Spotify and Apple Music for different reasons. I also enjoy WhatsApp groups more than iMessage groups. I’m considering a move from 1Password to iCloud Keychain but I’ll probably wait on that till the fall so I can do password sharing with my wife. Other than that, I’m completely default Apple apps across my iPad Pro, iPhone, and MacBook.

I have tried this a number of times, but icloud still scuppers the process. The apps may be good, but icloud clearly still has issues and is the backbone to make much of this work.

On a side note I tried using reminders for a month (coming from Things 3) and I didn’t like it. Too many clicks. I found trying to select a task on the mac quite problematic, it always clicked into the task rather than selecting it. I also found dragging emails in (which I do a lot) slow and cumbersome. In comparison Things is fast and I can accomplish much with my keyboard.

I haven’t tried notes in a good while and am firmly ensconced in Craft.

I’ll give you not alone. LOL

Ooch! :rofl: Don’t tell anyone.

1 Like