Godspeed (New Task Manager)

I feel like I’m throwing gasoline in a fire bringing up task managers around here, but this is an interesting new app. Appears to have launched recently.

3 Likes

and you know we all love a good dumpster :fire:. The “Hardcore Mode” is hilarious :laughing:

3 Likes

I think it’s pretty cool. The developer’s other app is a different take on KeyboardMaestro and the keyboard knowledge paid off here.

Hardcore mode (keyboard-only) is a great idea. Every developer should at least have it as a hidden option to test so they feel whenever they have to reach for the mouse.

The model leans a bit more Things than OF, I would say, but appreciates elements of both apps as well as some others.

2 Likes

It definitely looks intriguing!

One-time price: $149, keep it forever, ongoing compatibility updates + bug fixes, 18 months of new features
Subscription yearly: $72 ($6/month)
Subscription monthly: $8

1 Like

We are petrolheads here, anyway.

2 Likes

This looks really interesting. I’ll give it a go. I’ve been using Reminders, switching away from Things. Maybe this will work well.

1 Like

I’m giving this a go, seems like Superhuman for tasks?

Seems a bit weird that when closing the window it actually quits the app? I see nothing in settings to change that behaviour.

Hey, I’m the creator of Godspeed! Yes, the fact that closing the window quits the app is something we’re gonna fix very soon! Lots of folks have pointed this one out. In the meantime, you might try hiding [⌘H] instead. I hope you’re liking Godspeed!

3 Likes